Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cut motor

There are two microswitches on the cover. One alerts the machine the cover is open, and the other cut power to the motor itself. Make sure the other switch has all the wires connected and it is ok. The motor will be have exactly as you describe if one of the wires gets pulled off that switch.
    Doug Fletcher

Possible cause is the X termination board. Look to see if there are any darkened components..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

-took off both switches and cleaned where I could. They already were clean. everything looks good. reseated both cables ok (two wires to the cut motor and jack to the Head Termination Electronics Board Assembly??).
    -ran project again and same problem. All so could hear both switches click.

Stumped!
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

A look at the X Termination board is in order and checking the terminals for proper crimp as posted above.

With that check complete, I would try the 1/2 split method.... You need to separate weather the problem is in the Actual Cut Motor or it is in everything leading up to it...

In my Electronic days I had Alligator Clips that has a very sharp pin that would puncture the wire insulation letting me monitor the voltage to a Cut Motor while the wires were properly connected. With a setup like this, if the Cut Motor Stopped and you still had voltage then you know it is the Cut Motor that is BAD. I had liquid electrical tape to seal the wire puncture after I was done. THIS is a RISKY procedure and is done at your own risk. Be Careful... but it would be the fastest way to troubleshoot this. Same trick no bit...

OR if you could find the SAME Push On connectors a IN LINE monitor could be made... Considering the Hours, IF I were to GUESS, my bet is that his is a BAD MOTOR... A Crimp Connection inside the motor is loose OR the brushes are hanging up.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

removed cleaned and re-inserted all jacks on the:
    Head Termination Electronics Board Assembly
    X Termination Electronics Board

Their was no visible heating of the components. All jack pins seemed to be OK. Also re-seated the 3 pin connector to the cut motor.
    Still at a loss
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Guessing you do not have your other machine down there with you???

I have seen your symptoms on a couple machines. One had a bad X board and the other is was the on board computer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes I do, my very old A model.
    -removed the x termination electronics board from my A model.
    -inspected and compared both boards. They appear identical as do the components and resistor values.
    -installed the A model x termination electronics board and ran test in my new C model.
    All 0,8 test pass, but the cutting board. Says its running but the bit does not spin. It is not giving an error.
    -re-installed original C model x termination electronics board. Re-ran the test and everything is the same. Measures the board fine, Z,X and y pass, but bit does not turn when carving a board or in cut motor test.

Is their an electrical schematic of the CarveWright?

Good you have your other machine. Next step I would swap out the computer module.

Also make sure the banana plugs at the cut motor are crimped tight to the wires..

No I am not aware of any schematics.
    Last edited by fwharris; 07-20-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

One thought just hit me. By any chance is the clear cover resting on the DC-INSERT? Or do you have plenty clearance so that it does not?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast