Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cut motor

Default cut motor

I had changed the bushes in the cut motor because the cut motor stop working, before i started my carve after I put the bushes in I did my censor check and cut motor turn on and things seemed fine I started my carve and everthing was ok up to the point when the cut motor was to start it wanted to drag the bit without starting the cut motor I am new at the carvewight.. any info would be a help.. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I had changed the bushes in the cut motor because the cut motor stop working, before i started my carve after I put the bushes in I did my censor check and cut motor turn on and things seemed fine I started my carve and everthing was ok up to the point when the cut motor was to start it wanted to drag the bit without starting the cut motor I am new at the carvewight.. any info would be a help.. thank you
    Call LHR, on Monday. It may be a wirine problem.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Check the cut motor switch - chances are when you closed the lid, the switch didn't close. Also make sure the wiring for the motor didn't pull loose on you

In the process of removing the top cover and changing the brushes and putting it all back together I bet the Wires from the Cut Motor were not tucked back into the back corner and a wire caught the Cooling Fins of the Z Motor and pulled to the point that the wire came un plugged....

OR like posted above... The Right Side Clear Cover Switch is not working.... When you remove the top cover and move it around the clear cover is not supported with a mechanical stop and can "REST" on the 2 cover switches.... THIS can DAMAGE the switches or snap the screw mounting holes and the switch moves back OR the clear cover "TANG" that pushes the Switch SNAPS OFF....

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Since this thread is called "cut motor" I have a question. I've seen something here on the forum before about this problem but thought by now LHR would have figured out how to fix it. While doing centerline text my machine stops, not all the time just once in a while and usually only once during a project. It says check cut motor, I hit enter to continue and it finishes the project with no problems. I just updated my software about a month ago. Does anyone know what is going on here when this happens?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Default Cut moter warning during Centerline

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Since this thread is called "cut motor" I have a question. I've seen something here on the forum before about this problem but thought by now LHR would have figured out how to fix it. While doing centerline text my machine stops, not all the time just once in a while and usually only once during a project. It says check cut motor, I hit enter to continue and it finishes the project with no problems. I just updated my software about a month ago. Does anyone know what is going on here when this happens?
    This error is usually nothing to worry about. It happens mostly on the old Quick Change Chuck, The machine is monitoring the spin speed of the cut motor. Sometimes the pressure Resistance of the V-bit changes, and the motor goes faster or slower. Do just as have been doing and just press ENTER again. Only if it does it lots of times on one particular carve should be concerned.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Boy am I having to do maintenance on my new C model. Have about 21 hours on it now. the motor stopped spinning during a carve. So all looked good and inserted anather board. Worked for 3 minutes and got a check cut motor.

Took the machine bottom off and checked all connections, cleaned. Looks good.
    -powered on and tried the board, but it just dragged the bit across the board with no error. Was no spinning.
    -tried the cut motor test and it said it was running, but the bit is not turning.
    -checked cable several times and it spins fine and you can see the motor turning when I move the bit by hand.
    -checked cover switch with meter, shorts fine when closed.
    -took off top and cleaned any thing that I could.
    -same problem. When I do a cut motor test it just does nothing, and says it is turning. No errors.
    -I have not re-seated any jacks on the back board as they look epoxied in place.

Any ideas?
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

One more thing. sometimes I hear a very faint high pitched wine. I heard it when I ran the test.
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

WOW... Old thread... tuff seeing Ask Bud post...

Put a project in and once it starts cutting open the cover and remove the bit. That will let you troubleshoot without the bit jamming.

Once running without the bit, pull the cover at the right side cover switch to see if it is cover loose or the switch loose letting it open.

After that then I would inspect the Wires from the switch. They have push on connectors that have been known to loosen.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ran the carve, its dragging the bit, so opened the cover, it stopped. Removed the bit and pressed enter (after re closing the cover). Its acting like it is carving, but not spinning. I assume the switch is fine since it stopped when the cover is opened. Cleaned and re-seated the switch and two connections to the cut head.

Same problem. Now what?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast