Thread: Mirroring vector lines to connect?

Default Mirroring vector lines to connect?

Ok I got a question for you all?

If im making a sign blank outline and i draw one side with the raidiuses and archs that i like is there a way to mirror the lines and have them to be connected so that i can select a cutting path? I fought this for a few hours last night trying different things.

I havent been able to draw what i want and keep it the same on both sides.

Also so if i want to use the modeling tools like puffing and sweep features of this program i am going to have to buy the $200 program?

I tried the same thing a while back and I found that you can't join the parts of a mirror. You have to copy it then do the flip and rotate on the copied half.

A trick if you have the new vector drawing tools is to use the "path offset tool" over the selected mirrored lines.

I dont have the vector program. all i have is the basic designer.

I have a cad program that I am going to draw the outline of what i want the sign to be and then try to import it as a DXF file and see if i can work it that way.
    It seems like unless you spend another $400 your really limmited on what you can do with this machine other than plug and play patterns and basic design and carving.