Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will not recognise the bit

Default Will not recognise the bit

I started my project and selected 1/8 cutting bit,it goes through the process but keeps coming back and asking for the same bit.Thinking that I had put the wrong one in I tried every bit to see if it would continue on but no luck.Anyone know whats going on?

Make sure the bit is making contact with the bit plate.

Also make sure that there is not a hole in the frame by the brass roller

Most likely cause is that the bit is not touching the bit plate during set up. With the CW off move the truck over by hand to insure free movement and that the bit plate will pop out easily. Give the bit plate spring a good shot of air to blow out the dust and then spray in some WD-40 into it. Blow it out again with a rag to catch the spray out. Also check to insure the wires from the cut motor are tucked back into the corner and are not hitting the back of the Z motor.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

tried cleaning it of sawdust and made sure all the wires were attached but still will not recognise the bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sw123man View Post
    tried cleaning it of sawdust and made sure all the wires were attached but still will not recognise the bit.
    Does the bit/ztruck go down an touch the bit plate? Is the bit plate coming out all of the way so that the bit can touch it?

Is this at the start up sequence before the carving starts?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What chuck are you using, and is the bit extending from the chuck far enough to touch the bit plate?
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I am using the carvetght bits and it is fully inserted just like all the other times I have used it.

Then we need the information Floyd asked for.
    1) does the bit plate come out
    2) do you see the bit touch the bit plate.
    3) can you move the bit plate out easily
    4) can you manually move the truck over to the bit plate, and manually move the bit down to the bit plate.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

1) does the bit plate come out-yes it does
    2) do you see the bit touch the bit plate.-yes it did
    3) can you move the bit plate out easily-yes I can
    4) can you manually move the truck over to the bit plate, and manually move the bit down to the bit plate.-yes I can
    after doing all this I loaded a different pattern and tried it thistime it went through just like it was suspose to do.so hopefully the problem is solved.Thank everyone for the help without you guys I would be lost.

Good that it is working now, that is what we are here for. Does the new project call for the same bits?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast