Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worn adapter, carving bits and piercing problem.

Learned important lesson trying to get a project done. Still waiting on my new chuck and carving bits. All I had was a 1/8" cutting bit, decided to try using it to carve. Was just a simple flat surface W after all that needed to be cut out anyway. About 25% of the way through carving it broke the bit. Combo of the wrong bit, worn chuck and hard maple lumber. Moral is, don't try to fool the machine! Sure most of you already know this, some lessons we have to learn ourselves the hard way.

Yes, I purchased a used machine (#5) from an owner last year who said the machine was messed up it and it always broke the bits. Come to find out the machine was fine, he was just using the wrong bit to carve. Cutting bit was being used instead of carving bit.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Not nearly the first time!! Seen it several times. Then the customer orders a new bit and complains we sent them the wrong bit. That's one of the reasons we require photos for exchanges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123