Ok I'm starting to realize that these machines are money pits already. First question, machine started making noise and carving bad, stopped and removed bit, adapter was a lot more worn than it was just the other day when I checked it. Does that mean the chuck is bad? Tried to change the adapter so I could finish and dropped bit on floor resulting in the tip broken off. Best (cheapest) place to get 1/16" carving bits? How do I find how many hours this machine has? It was supposed to be hardly used but seems I shouldn't be having problems with the chuck/adapter already if it's barely used. (It's an A machine by the way). Last question, When you put that you want the pattern "pierced", doesn't that mean that it cuts all the way through, so like when it's done the pattern is loose from the board? I even planed the board a touch under 1/2" so it would cut through, but it only went through in a few small places. Am attaching my pattern file. Thanks for any help. What did I get myself in to?!Attachment 57069