Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Corian Source

I think I will experiment with a pneumatic carving tool a bit and see how well it will cut with a rotary bit. It should give me a better idea before I jeopardize a bit on the CW. I have some cut off scraps that I can't do anything with anyway. If it carves easily and for long enough, then maybe I will try a small sheet on the CW. I will let you know how much damage I do....lol.

I do think that Acriwood would carve pretty well though. It's not nearly as hard as dymondwood. In some applications, I actually like the look better than dymondwood.....especially in pens! Check out the northern lights blanks, they are stunning!

http://rrpwhite.com/acryliwood/

Do not do any carvings too deep, and it may work out OK.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I recall there being a member here called autobodyman (I think) & some of the carvings he did with his pneumatic dremmel was "crazy awesome". The detail was unbelievable. Man is truly talented beyond ... Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoriearty View Post
    I think I will experiment with a pneumatic carving tool a bit and see how well it will cut with a rotary bit. It should give me a better idea before I jeopardize a bit on the CW. I have some cut off scraps that I can't do anything with anyway. If it carves easily and for long enough, then maybe I will try a small sheet on the CW. I will let you know how much damage I do....lol.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    I recall there being a member here called autobodyman (I think) & some of the carvings he did with his pneumatic dremmel was "crazy awesome". The detail was unbelievable. Man is truly talented beyond ... Beyond.
    That is how I did this one out of walnut.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon5.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	59973

And this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0912.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	59974

The horses didn't look that square and blocky in person, you loose a lot of depth in the photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12