Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New unused manchine returned to Sears today.....

Default New unused manchine returned to Sears today.....

After purchacing a machine from Sears 1-19, and reading as many of the posts here I could it became obvious that it was a mistake(for me anyway). I did not take the carver out of the box, only the instructions. What I intend to do with it is just not practicle enough to justify the expense and the potential problems. Like someone said, there are two kinds of tools, the correct one and one that will do the same thing. Not a quote - I can do what I want with different machines.

My point being, there is a new machine sitting in a small Sears store in Yucca Valley CA if someone wants one. It will be obvious when it is first started that it was not ever used, the manual was all that was taken out. did not even install the software because I wanted to leave open that option until i was sure I did not want the sample software still working...

I will keep an eye on this because I do like the idea and the design of the machine. When it does what I need i will be back...

bob

I'm sure it wasn't your machine, but I just picked up a machine at my local Sears store yesterday, that had been returned, for $1,200. They said it had only been used on one project and the customer couldn't figure it out. Bottom line, the machine comes with a new warranty and the right to return, if it is truly broken............... better than waiting for a shipment and the Tool Club price!

Ernie

Great price, Ernie.

Bob

that is what I was thinking maybe ehrn i go to be another I wil find out where people returned one LOL.
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

I posted this just in case someone wanted to check it out. They might give a price cut - the carver was never taken out of the box, only the manual. All the wrapped parts were still wrapped as they came. They did not charge me the 15% restocking fee - that might affect how they sell it again, I don't know how they handle returned goods at the store level.

I stressed to them starting the carver will tell them that it had not been started before, not used. I knew they were not going to do that, this was purchased in a very small store that is about 25 miles from Palm Springs, CA.

I finally finished up the projects I was working on and was able to turn my attention to the Compucarve. I tested it with the built in functions and everything seems to work great. Next comes the software and there in lays the problem. Seems the other guy had installed the software on his machine and now I can't get it turned on because it already had been activated to my serial number............... bummer! I will call Carvewright tomorrow and see if this can be resolved. What would happen if I crashed my hard drive and needed to reinstall the software? Stay tuned for the answers.

Ernie

Ok, that was pretty simple................. Thanks, Liz!!! I called the folks and they couldn't have been nicer. They modified my machines owner information, gave me my registration code, and now my software is happy with me. Plus I saved $700 off of list price................ life is good!

Now all I've got to do is learn the ins and outs of the software. I've already designed a sign for my new neighbors and it is cutting away at it right now.

Ernie

Ya, those people on the other end of the phone are pretty good. As long as you don't have to call machine tech support. That Chris guy is kinda slow and I don't think he really understands how the machine works. :P

Default Might just pick up the Yucca Valley unit

Just for kicks, I called Yucca Valley Sears, found the unit you returned, and had them hold it for me. He said someone from Palm Springs already had called about it, but that's all. See, there's a peculiar coincidence that makes this an interesting proposition for me, even though I live in Palo Alto (a little under 500 miles northwest of Yucca Valley). My sister and niece (her daughter) are travelling from Texas to LA right now. They're on HWY 10, and will be passing Palm Springs tomorrow evening (hopefully before closing time at Yucca Valley). 20 minutes North on HWY 62, pick up the machine, and 20 minutes back to HWY 10 and the deal is done. It's like fate has this unit on a collision course with my life.

Now the only question is (and I have about 24 hours to think it over), do I really want to take the plunge. The guy at Sears knows the units are in high demand and he wasn't about to discount it, so its a flat 1899.00. In fact, because it's in California, I'll have to pay sales tax (8.25%), which might not be true if I snagged it on eBay. But no shipping either. And looking at all these postings, I'm not sure I'm as brave or handy as the successful users out there. Decisions, decisions... Anybody want to try to convince me one way the other?

The Bard Guest

just dont't trust that Chris guy....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast