Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/16" cutting bit depth?

I think this might be a "cut through" thing period... I get a second pass whatever I "cut out" and have gotten into the habit of just stopping the project (as the cutout is the last thing that is accomplished) when it begins the second pass. I just watch it and do it manually. Not perfect, but a workaround for now perhaps? I figured the "ghost pass" is a clean-up pass that the programmers put in.

I wish that there was a "expert mode" for the software/etc that would allow you to change things like bit speed/pass speed etc. It could be an "at your own peril" situation but would make the machine a bit more expert friendly and we wouldn't have to do so many "fool the machine" tricks to make things how we wanted them to be. Heck, I might even pay for it! (oops, did I say that! )

Lawrence

The path was made using the new "offset path tool" then "conform vectors" at first i thought LHR had programed a seconded path but yesterdays test showed it was just bug. I try not to use the cut tools unless i making a sign, I like just to Pierce through the wood with the rasters when ever possible.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 11-14-2012 at 10:21 PM.

As a test yesterday i made this MPC and selected the 1/16" carving bit set to 0.125 on the vector path with conform and it worked as programed...

Then i did one with a " path offset" and that was cool 2...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cone01.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	57038
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 11-14-2012 at 10:24 PM.

I think this might be a "cut through" thing period...
    Ohh, i am only cutting 0.125" deep for a inlay path and not cutting through anything.... so two passes for 0.125 deep was a odd event.

cool- thanks for letting us know- (I should have figured it out with it being an inlay... I'm a bit dense sometimes!)

Thanks again,
    Lawrence

No prob it's hard to figure-out what i'm typing at times i sure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12