Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart shaped bandsaw boxes

Default Heart shaped bandsaw boxes

My wife wound up in the hospital from August 28th threw the middle of October, had a quadruple heart bypass then wound up with ARDS scary times to say the least (the surgeon said my wife had been having heart attacks for at least 3 years considering the large size and damage to her heart). Anyway I wanted to make something for the surgeon who did her operation and helped her and me threw all the complications. So I designed and made this bandsawn heartbox.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes09.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	56819 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes10.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	56821 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes11.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	56822 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes11a.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	56823
    Made from Bubinga it's 10" tall, 9" wide and 9" deep (the base the box itself is 4½" deep) the drawers are lined with DonJer brown spray on felt. I had the plate made online.

Of course whenever I make something I have to make one for the wife too (see attached). I always give her first choice and she chose the larger one, it's 12" tall, 10" wide and 9" deep. I also have yet to make about 50 smaller heart boxes (not bandsawn boxes) for the nurses and staff. I'm hoping to get those done before Christmas.

What do you think?

Thanks ~Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heartboxes12.jpg  
    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    My photos my photo hosting site went out of business, some of my photos on facebook are set for everyone to see.

Mike's Patterns

That's some pretty awesome work you done there. Thank you sharing it

With all that's been going on in your life I'm surprised that you had time to do any projects at all. But these two hearts are certainly winners. Hope your goal of 50 boxes before Christmas is reached.

Super job, Mike. The boxes look great. Thank you for sharing them and I hope you and your bride are able to have a wonderful Christmas together.... the boxes can wait....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

I wish only the very best for you and your family- that bandsaw box looks wonderful (and like a lot of sanding).

Thank you for sharing pictures of it and your story with us

Lawrence

Wonderful work and very thoughtful. Hope your wife makes a great recovery.

7. Default

The boxes are really nice did you have a template you work from ? I would like to try to make these. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    That's some pretty awesome work you done there. Thank you sharing it
    Thanks chief.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    With all that's been going on in your life I'm surprised that you had time to do any projects at all. But these two hearts are certainly winners. Hope your goal of 50 boxes before Christmas is reached.
    Thanks Sharon. I know it sounds a bit sentimental but I keep thinking when I'm in the woodshop that since I've been given my wife back that I should be spending all my time with her instead of messing around in the woodshop or working for that matter, but I guess life has to go on. She's doing well and is back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    Super job, Mike. The boxes look great. Thank you for sharing them and I hope you and your bride are able to have a wonderful Christmas together.... the boxes can wait....
    Thanks John. I was with the wife 12 hours a day when she was in the hospital (son did the other 12 hours at night) then I took a couple more weeks off work to take care of her "wounds" and cooked, cleaned, laundry etc... so I think she's actually kind of sick of me being around all the time (she says not, but she went back to work pretty quickly )

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I wish only the very best for you and your family- that bandsaw box looks wonderful (and like a lot of sanding).

Thank you for sharing pictures of it and your story with us

Lawrence
    Thanks Lawrence, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Wonderful work and very thoughtful. Hope your wife makes a great recovery.
    Thank you. She's really is doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarver View Post
    The boxes are really nice did you have a template you work from ? I would like to try to make these. thanks.
    Thank you. I just drew it out in Coreldraw, I've attached the capture of it.

Thanks ~Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heart.jpg  
    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    My photos my photo hosting site went out of business, some of my photos on facebook are set for everyone to see.

Mike's Patterns

Fantastic Job Mike! Give your wife our best and tell her ta fight it, don't give up! Ten years ago yesterday had my heart attack, Tomorrow will be ten years ago five by-passes. Figured they didn't kill me on the table, rest up to me. I'll go down a fighten all the way. The doctor will love it!

Wow Mike I am so glad your wife is okay and the boxes are great! Take care of your wife!

Ike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast