Thread: A small address sign out of pvc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default A small address sign out of pvc

I got a chance to work with some pvc plastic board. I found that the carving is pretty smooth. No wood grain to deal with. But the sanding is best done by hand. I was able to get to a fairly smooth surface. I did use the sanding wheel which works good for the initial fuzz. The rotary tool buffer doesn't do much.

While the material is white I was compelled to paint it with white spray paint meant for plastic surfaces just to fill the surface texture a little more so that it is easier to clean and the dirt doesn't imbed itself.

After covering with white I used a rubber roller to paint the numbers and border. I found I had to dry the paint a bit to make it more sticky for better coverage. I finished it off with some Rust-Oleum Painters Touch semi-gloss Clear. It came out with a spray paint texture that is a little more pronounced than I wanted but I'm happy with it.

I finishing up the vinyl siding to the front of the house and this sign will help to spruce it up a bit. I have some Styrospray 1000 that I recently purchased an am looking forward to seeing what kind of finish I will get with that on foam.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adress1.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	56786Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adress2.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	390.0 KB 
ID:	56787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adress3.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	56788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adress4.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	490.4 KB 
ID:	56789
    Last edited by Alan Malmstrom; 11-03-2012 at 08:10 PM.