Thread: Changing Dimension Orientation

1. Default Changing Dimension Orientation

How do you change the dimensions so they measure from the center or a specified side?

Board size or Pattern size ?

3. Default

Board size.

In the tool bar. go to edit, then down to the board settings to change the board dimensions. You can also right click on the board off the pattern, but on the board to change the dimensions as well.

If you want to measure the pattern to the side of the board or center of the board it does that on it own as you move the pattern. You can add grid lines to help you measure - default is .5 inch squares - again in the software main tool bar go to view and then to toggle grid lines..

5. Default

Okay thanks. Seems like a strange way to do it.

When you open a new project, you will/should see a window to set your board size for the new project - length, width, and thickness. Designer defaults to the last board setting whenever you open a new project.

7. Default

Actually, changing the board size only works up to a point as I can not make the board large enough. I am trying to establish a series of holes at a minus 60 degree angle using dimensions from the center of the board and the bottom of the board. If anyone knows of an easier way to accomplish this, please enlighten me.

8. Default

AHA! You can change the dimension orientation by using the attach feature (right mouse click on point, select attache and use mouse to attach where you want it).

- Well the "AHA" explained what you were wanting. Now I understand what you were asking, Sorry for any confusion I might have steered you towards.

Default Holes on a 60 degree line

Attachment 56764Beaverwood

If I am interperting your description correctly, draw a line from corner to corner and set the angle to 60 degrees. Center it in both directions. Next, draw a circle with a radius of where you want the hole to be from center. Center the circle in both directions. Place your hole where the lines intersect. See attachment.
    Steve