Thread: cut outs

Default cut outs

im just wanted to know if there is an order that u do your cut outs and tabs outside in or inside out or it does not matter..

I don't know if I understand your question... Are you asking what order to cut the tabs to release the project from the board? I guess I never thought about it. I like to do small cutouts in my hand. So I will cut the project loose first. Then hold it in my hand to cutout the more intricate cuts. I also have a way to cut them. I broke a 1/8" Cutting bit. I saved the cutter half. I use it in my rotary (dremel) tool. This is just my preference. I am sure there are different methods.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    im just wanted to know if there is an order that u do your cut outs and tabs outside in or inside out or it does not matter..
    The CW software will control the order of the cut-paths you apply. Tabs for these cut-paths are set as you assign the paths, you just select the settings as you set up the cut-path.
    AskBud

PS: You may delete you second post as long as no one replies (do it quickly).
    Last edited by AskBud; 10-27-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Aubrey,

If you have more that one area being cut out you will need to individually select the "flip cut" for some of them to move the path in or out to get the proper cut path. Doing the cut path for all of them at the same time and flipping might set the path for some of them in the wrong direction.

As others have stated the machine will do the cut outs in a certain order, we can not control the order of operation.

NOTE TO OTHERS, Aubrey and I have been working on one of his designs for a shelf bracket........
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Just an update for all who were trying to help out Aubrey. He contacted for setting up a DXF file for a shelf bracket and we got that worked through. I've shown him a faster way instead of trying to carve (raster) the bracket and then cut it out. Just applied the cut path to each vector line so he could cut it out.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.