Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "on the road" woodworking blog- any interest?

Default "on the road" woodworking blog- any interest?

As some of you know, I am retiring from the Air Force in about a year and we've just purchased our new home for a 9-month to 1-year trip around the USA which will begin in November of 2013.

Along the way we plan to stop in lots of educational sites (and LOTS of national parks), but we also plan on plenty of stops at woodworking "meccas"- the short list I've come up with already includes several weeks at Roy Underhill's school as well as visiting Highland Woodworking, Colonial Williamsburg, the North Bennet Street School, the college of the Redwoods and several other woodworking locations (and of course a stop at LHR!). Considering the reception I have gotten to the idea on other forums, I will probably be also meeting and visiting other woodworkers along the way.

By using hand tools, base woodworking shops etc. I hope to continue using my Carvewright while we are traveling. It should fit nicely into the trunk of the compact SUV we will be buying as a "toad" to pull behind our motorhome. In addition to my hand tools I hope to bring a mini-lathe, a scroll saw, and my festool saw and vac if I can figure out how to squeeze them in

Does anyone here have any interest in viewing a blog about woodworking "on the road" -- Visiting other woodworker's shops, stores, schools, museums, shows, and conventions along the way? The blog would have a finite beginning (the prep starting very soon) and ending (we move to England after the trip is over... winter of 2014)

Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

V/r
    Lawrence

It would be one I wood follow for sure!
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I agree....it would be great to keep up with the trip and the adventure....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Sounds like an awesome way to document the family trip!!! Count me in!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If I have to.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

what a way to enjoy retirerment...i went to alaska in 2000 & 2001... go north.... the scenery is boundless

Gee... Hmmm... I don't know... OF COURSE WE WOULD!!! That is a fantabulous idea!!

Count me in sounds like great reading already!

Lawrence , Alright, Twist my arm. This sounds great. One question, Do We Have To Chip In ? Thanks for your service as well !

Capt Barry

I think I'm on board as Senior RV tech adviser for the duration.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast