Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Crest/Coat of arms

Default Family Crest/Coat of arms

Going to visit my son who purchased a CW machine and would like to find out how to get a pattern for a BENNETT coat of arms and or how to make a pattern from a .jpg image (if the image has enough resolution ?) Thanks in advance for helping a newbie. As much detail as possiblefor making a relief carving will be greatly appreciated.

Post a picture or a link and someone will probably step forward and make a pattern for you.

DickB is correct - post a picture or link. I googled your Coat of Arms and several showed up. So knowing which one it is that you want would be a big help.

I hope this jpg image will work. I have a piece of walnut just under 7 inches wide and long enough to make several copies. It is 1 3/8 thick and hope this will work for a nice relief carving.
    Only see my son every year or two and this will be our first project on his CW machine. thanks! (plan to use the 1/16 carving bit...)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bennett-England.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	56679

Did the best I could do with the image size.

See if this pattern will work for you - You can re-size it as needed. Use Bit Optimization: Best

Nice job, Chief....and pretty darn fast.
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Chief, I'll bet that you where waiting for then to deceide on witch crest they wanted, well anyway nice job. Did you get that pen you mentioned before ?

Capt Barry

Thanks Chief for working on this pattern! Sure is nice of you. I am traveling next week to get to NC to work on this. (1660 miles)
    Maybe you know if they allow more than one copy of the CW software for just one machine? Sure would be nice if I could work on patterns in New Mexico and send them to my son.
    And thank you for your service to our country.

Not a problem, hope it carves well for you.

To answer your question you are allowed 2 computers per license.

Quote Originally Posted by b.sumner47 View Post
    Chief, I'll bet that you where waiting for then to deceide on witch crest they wanted, well anyway nice job. Did you get that pen you mentioned before ?

Capt Barry
    Still waiting to get the drawing tablet, it's in the mail, waiting for it to get here.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast