Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cutout out of line

Is it possible to set the outline route to 3 - 1/4 inch cuts instead of one complete cut. To avoid this problem I had.

Rick, Go up to where your mpc is displayed, go to where it says view,at the top, click on, make sure all the steps are correct for for the carving list. Just click one step at a time and see how it corresponses with what you told it to do, proper placement, lines line up where you want it to cut. I might be all wet ,but give it a try.

Capt Barry

Yes, I sometimes use 1/8" cuts on harder woods.
    Morton

Have you considered that the cutting bit could be dull?

In my experience, the board can slip on the sand paper if the cutting forces get too large. I always do multiple passes while staying under the rollers at all times.

I do not think that the brass roller is actually in control during cutting. Once the x encoder is synchronized with the brass roller, I think the x encoder is used as the position reference. Any slipping of the board relative to the belts seems not to be detected.

Quote Originally Posted by amundo View Post
    Is it possible to set the outline route to 3 - 1/4 inch cuts instead of one complete cut. To avoid this problem I had.
    Highlight your cutout then go to tools/cut path/towards the bottom put a check mark on maximum cut depth type in .250

Sorry for your loss....that was a nice piece of wood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12