Thread: Spammers

Default Spammers

Folks, you're doing a great job of letting us know when we have new spam posts! Keep it up. We've been getting slammed lately! One other way is to watch for new members that have a strange name either in the 'new member welcome' or in the online list. If you click on their name you'll be able to see if they have been banned and what they're viewing. Let us know by email or PM and we'll try to 'nip em in the bud'.
    Thanks, Paul
    Last edited by pkunk; 10-21-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I flagged a few spam posts myself. What is the reason for the 1 minute minimum time limit in between reporting different spam posts?
    ~ Mark K

I don't know Mark, Maybe just something in the forum software?
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

4. Default

I wasn't aware of that on this forum. I have noticed it elsewhere. The purpose is to stop bots from dumping 80 or 90 spam posts per second, once they get in.

Thanks for your constint effect. It seems to be working.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I wasn't aware of that on this forum. I have noticed it elsewhere. The purpose is to stop bots from dumping 80 or 90 spam posts per second, once they get in.
    I understand that, makes total sense, but reporting spam is a different sequence/event. Shouldn't it be without restrictions?
    ~ Mark K

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bluecobra View Post
    reporting spam is a different sequence/event. Shouldn't it be without restrictions?
    In a perfect world. Maybe Connie or metalus can change it.