Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Z Axis Stall Error 246 problem

Default Another Z Axis Stall Error 246 problem

Have had the machine up and running since Sunday where I did 2 projects, which just need some clean up on my part in the designer. When I tried a third project on Monday I started getting Z Axis Stall Error 246 messages and the cutting heard started doing it’s own thing over the project.

I have run through all the Z Axis stall troubleshooting guides on the Forum without success. There is no play in the Cutting head truck and I have moved it all around between cutting attempts. Cleaned and blew sawdust out as well as I could, cannot see and dust around the board edge sensor. Loaded new pieces of wood several times (sometimes I just turned the board over as what cutting done was in the center of the board). Tried reloading the project on the card and tried making modifications to the project and re-loading. On Monday evening the cutting head moved higher and higher every try till I stopped the job or it errored out. Tonight, sometimes it cut higher and higher, sometimes it cut lower and lower till I stopped the job. Twice it managed to cut through the ¾” board before I stopped it, but each time it wandered it was a progressive thing. First 3 errors Monday night happened in the first 5-10 minutes of cutting, during the fourth cutting attempt the head started rising about 20-25 minutes into a 45 minute project. Today I bought some new wood to rule that out as a problem, but the errors happen in the first 2-3 minutes, 1st and 3rd attempt cut deeper and deeper into the wood until I stopped the project, the 2nd attempt rose up into the air above the project and generated an error 246 message.

Called for LHR assistance around 5:30pm EST this evening. I was told that my request for assistance would be passed on to a support engineer. and I would get a call back. Did not receive a call back so far. I am posting this on the Trouble Shooting Forum and sending it in with the diagnostic messages recorded on the memory card.

Since I work from 7am-5pm EST(including travel time) I will not be available to receive a call back till after that time. Please leave a message on my answering machine at the number I left with the operator, else I wall call again tomorrow evening.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Richard
    ================
    Tempus Loquendi,
    Tempus Tacendi.

Default Z-axis stall & errors

Baron Read my posting in the troubleshooting section posted today.. My machine is doing something quite similar.. you'll find pictures and explanations about this problem... I also have called on more than one occasion and got no response yet... although I'm keeping my fingers crossed...... I really don't want to take mine back to sears....

Check out taking my machine back!!!!!!!!!! changed my mind... In trouble shooting. That is what was wrong with my machine, not saying it is your problem just something to look for. I was getting the same error 246, it was a loose cable..... Again I am not saying this is your problem, so do not think you should not contact Carvewright. Just trying to help.
    P.S I have photos posted

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:06 pm Post subject: Taking machine back!!!!!!!!!!! Changed my mind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I said I was taking my machine back 1-29-07. But I decided to take the cover off and I found a cable that had pulled out,( glue that was holding cable had come loose). I put it back in and used a hot glue gun to glue it back. When the machine quit I was cutting a sign with the the bark background and it cut almost thru the sign, so after I put the cable back in I done a simple sign and than tried the sign with the bark and it completed it and 2 more signs without a problem. I really want this machine to work and with all the help everyone has got from Carvewright lets me know they are going to stand behind their machines. I have posted a picture of the cable and also of the sign.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machine_007a_159.jpg   machine_002a_666.jpg   machine_001a_107.jpg  

dale ...
    bad news... pics did not show up....
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Doc Guest

Default Axis Stalls

My machine is doing the same but mostly when i select cut to design. It has drilled two holes in the small plastic sliding guide plate release lever and two in the plastic piece next to the board tracking sensor. I too have been not getting any help from carve wright and have called them three times with the we will get right back to you. I got a message on answering machine but had already gone to work so will try and call them tomorrow.

Default Another Z Axis Stall

I did check the ribbon cable intot the back of the cutting truck, It seams well seated. Also, it does not have teh black silicone that others have reported, but rather a translucent yellow sealer that is very hard, it appears like an epoxy securing the ribbon cable to the connector.
    Richard
    ================
    Tempus Loquendi,
    Tempus Tacendi.

Hello, if the ribbon cable is not loose as descriibed in the other post , you will need a z-xis motor kit.Carvwright ran out of them and are waiting for new one's the problem is a poor connection inside the unit that has to be soldered.I'm waiting for one as well.The first shipment from the factory had a few conection and quality issues, but most can be easily fixed. Call carve wrigth and instead of hittining 4 hit 19 or 20 and leave a message with those technicians and they can get you fixed up.
    Ben

Called again last night and did not get a call back. I was told by the operator that they were down to 1 technician and that it might be 2 or 3 days before I get a call back...
    Richard
    ================
    Tempus Loquendi,
    Tempus Tacendi.

Default My Z Axis Stall

When mine stalled (on my second test project) I noticed that when the project was starting the bit would move all the way to the other side and push a metal tab under the bit; however, it didn't push it all they under the bit and the bit was knicking the side scaping the metal and going to far down. Next try, I pushed it over farther with my hand when it was going through this routine so the tab would extend out far enough for the bit to touch. It worked fine after then. I have to do that every time or it will give me the stall error because it could set it's depth properly.

I'm new to the machine and forum. Not sure if this issue has been discussed before. <G> I'm not sure how to fix this permanantly.

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast