Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: my improved sled

Quote Originally Posted by carrothers View Post
    I have a question on how the CW finds the depth when I'm using the sled...if the z drive comes over to the key pad side it will not find my carve board. I see some comments about jogging to position to find the depth...when do you jog, how do you jog. thanks.
    You can set the default so that it always asks to jog to touch position or you can just press stop as it goes for the touch. You will then get the option to jog to touch. You can the press the arrow keys to touch where ever you want.

Default How do you set the default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    You can set the default so that it always asks to jog to touch position or you can just press stop as it goes for the touch. You will then get the option to jog to touch. You can the press the arrow keys to touch where ever you want.
    can you help with a real beginners question: Where and how do you set the default? I would rather do that than hit the stop button...in the past when I hit the stop button I had to start everything all over...measurements, bit checks, etc.

0 - 5 on the keypad. The stop button is good. Just try it.

Attachment 74377Here is a picture of the sled I just finished...it's 48 inches long and 14 inches wide. I built the 3.5 ends in two thicknesses...one is 1/4 inch thick and the other is 1/2 inch thick. I designed it so I could put the two together in case I have a 3/4 inch carving board. I used quarter 20 threaded with a phillips flush head to hold down the end pieces into the embedded tracks. Making another one that will be 36 inches long and 10 wide for smaller carves.
    Where did you get the embedded tracks and rough cost on them please............ Tnx
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

can you help with a real beginners question: Where and how do you set the default? I would rather do that than hit the stop button...in the past when I hit the stop button I had to start everything all over...measurements, bit checks, etc.
    If you hit the STOP button only once, that should work fine. If you hit it two times, then you'll have to start everything over again. Just think of the STOP button as a Pause button, ONLY if you hit it one (1) time. To start everything back again, you'll need to hit the START button (2) two times.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I got the tracks from Woodcrafters...I think the 48 inch was $13 each...if I make another one it will be with 36 inch tracks. Woodcrafters also sell the little slot pieces; but I had to go to Home Depot to get the 1 inch quarter twenty bolts with phillips head that I used.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567