Thread: Problem with Y-truck

1. Default Problem with Y-truck

I am having a problem with the bit not touching the bit plate. I noticed last night when I was doing a carve that the Y-truck seemed to shift a tine fraction mid-carve (see pictures). I did troubleshooting this morning when I noticed that the bit was not touching the swinging bit plate. I was going down just off the plate and resulting in a continual "load bit" cycle. After cleaning the plate mechanism with compressed air and spraying WD40 into the spring, still no change. Then I checked the pully that moves the Y-truck to the right. I listed to it with my dust collector off and I heard it sound like it was dragging a bit on it's way to the right. There are no wires or interference with the cover that I can see. As a work around (I was getting desperate), I waited until the but was moving down to the bit plate and lifted the cover. I manually pushed the Y-truck to the right and I felt it move just a touch and heard a click. The bit plate swung out just a little bit more and it worked. I am running a simple test carve to see if there are any challenges with the truck movement, but I am hoping that there is someone out there that can tell me what is happening and how I can fix it. I have considered videoing it on my digital camera and posting it so someone can actually see what is happening. Appreciate any assistance/suggestions that anyone can give. I clean the carver after every carve, and I have a DC insert hooked up to a 1200cfm dust collector.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0398.JPG   DSCF0399.JPG   DSCF0401.JPG  

Well the Not touching the Bit Plate sounds like a classic... "The Right Side Clear Cover Switch for the Cut Motor Wires got in the way because they were not tucked into the corner" The Z Motor Cooling Fins hit the wires.... AND they could likely cause the Y Offset problem while carving too.... But I wonder about a bad bearing in the Y Gear Box, or a Frozen Y Bearing?

I see you are staying under the rollers.... That is GOOD....

Dull Bit...? I am needing more info about your machine... New, Used? How many Cut Hours? QC or After Market Chuck?

Nice Design...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

New machine, less than 50 hours on cut, but I think I have found the problem. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0402.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	56221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0404.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	56222I don't think that that white roller in the middle there is supposed to be bent like that. Is that something that I can replace? If so, how can I do it? Appreciate the help. Oh, and new bits )bought from CarveWright), version C machine.

Call LHR/ Carvewright, you need y motor gear box assembly. Is your machine still under warranty? If so LHR should replace it for you.

Clyde,

Chief is correct, give LHR a call. It looks like one of the bearing in the gear box is trashed. Check how much tension you have on the Y belt. Appears to be to much looking at how much tilt there is in the gear.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

6. Default

Only bought it 3 months ago; I will call in the morning and see if they will send me a replacement part. Looks like a pretty straightforward replacement procedure. I am in Hawaii, so sending it back would be cost-prohibitive. Appreciate the guidance. Strange thing is that I have made no adjustments or anything to the machine. Maybe a faulty gear or something.

7. Default

OK, so talked with a tech rep at LHR this morning. Sent him some additional pictures, and aq short video clip of the Y-motor mount. Looks like the bearing is broken or something similar as it it moving left, right, in and out. It is still under warranty, so it should be a simple replacement. Hope it gets to me quick (I am stationed in Hawaii). I think that I am going through the DTs. Oh, well, this will give me an opportunity to finish up the patterns I am working on.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0407.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	56231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0408.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	56232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0409.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	56233Appreciate all the assistance, everyone.

Curious what the back of the Gear Box Looks Like....? Did the C Clip fall off and the back bearing fall out?

The pictures are very wide and hard to view but nice detail.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09643_WEB.jpg   DSC07751_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com