Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: centerline text

Default centerline text

I am having problems when carving letters for a sign where as the letters come out great except for the center of the letters don't carve out completely. I have to finish them out by hand with chisels. Please help

Any examples Pics?

This is because of the size of the V90 bit and the function of the V text. They DO sell a Extra Wide V Bit on some sites... I have never tried it, the stress on the machine would be very great.... Like a panel bit...

To aid in lining up the carve region turn off "Perspective View" as Parallax takes effect with it ON and a Carve Region in the middle of the Computer Screen moved left or right will look off center... This drove me nuts getting Drilled Holes in the proper place in centerline text years ago making solar powered LED Number Signs. Someone posted about the Perspective View and I was able to do it easier.

I could recommend setting up a Carve Region within the Text and it would carve first then the V Text later. I do bigger Text with Modern Font that is a single stroke font or Typeface. I outline then set up paths at depth to clean up the inside.

Ike may chime in, He has mastered doing Text by machine and by HAND...

You can find the Solar LED's on eBay. I set the project aside as the 2 AA Batteries did not get enough of a charge in the winter short days.... I did find that I could use Rechargeable D Batteries for a better and longer lasting LED sign. My latest idea is to use the AA Battery unit and just a few LED's. For the holes, a very thin hole for a fiber optic glass cable like you see in the Spencer Gift Stores... A clear straw like Fiber. Bundle them and light the ends with a few LED's for a smaller pin point of light. That project is still in development.... The Fiber can be had on eBay.

This is a project from 2007 and 2008. Some of the pictures have 2012 date as I cropped them. I used PVC Board back in 2007.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo of centerline text.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	56177 as you can see the inside of letters need to be carved out by hand. shouldn't there be a way to do this by machine? Thanks for any help. Bob

just posted picture

what font is that? That is unlike any centerline text that I've seen.

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by bobalou View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo of centerline text.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	56177 as you can see the inside of letters need to be carved out by hand. shouldn't there be a way to do this by machine? Thanks for any help. Bob
    I think you will find that you selected "Outline" rather than "Raster" or Centerline.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Lawrence, It is Geogia font and bit is 90* ,the letters are 6 " tall and definately "centerline text not outline. Any ideas?

Ask Bud- It is Geogia font and bit is 90* ,the letters are 6 " tall and definately "centerline text not outline

Lawrence, It is Geogia font and bit is 90* ,the letters are 6 " tall and definately "centerline text not outline. Any ideas?

Ask Bud- It is Geogia font and bit is 90* ,the letters are 6 " tall and definately "centerline text not outline
    If you indeed have selected Centerline Text (and own the license for that feature), then it may be that the letters are simply too large for your V-bit. If your V-bit is say, 1/2" in diameter, but the letters are more than 1/2" wide at any location, then of course the bit cannot carve a "proper centerline v-carve"...the bit is too small (or another way to put it, your letters are too large).

AL mentioned other bits in the above post. A common V-bit for large lettering is a 120 degree included angle bit. Unfortunately, this size bit is not on the "approved list" for the CarveWright machine, but I believe that some have used it anyway. You could try that, but realize it is at your own risk.

From your photo, it does look like Outline was selected (not Centerline). Uploading your MPC would help for us to look at and verify.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 09-27-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Ah, There is the rub!
    The 6" height exceeds what this font can handle with your V-bit.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast