Thread: BIG MONEY.... ADA Signs....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BIG MONEY.... ADA Signs....

Now that I got your attnetion.... Something that the CW could do and DO VERY WELL is White Corian ADA Signs... We are talking BRAILLE SIGNS... A HIGHLY REGULATED Industry with CUT and DRY Regulations that MUST be followed....

IF I have peeked your interest.... Check out the Sawmill Creek Forum on Signs, I borrowed a Sign Picture just posted. This sign was done with a CNC with a V60 and 1/8 inch end mill bit in Corian. The Braille balls can be purchased and getting the Braille CORRECT is the challange.... Keith on that forum teaches classes on the proper way to do it...

There are a few different threads on Sawmill Creek about ADA Signs. ADA Signs sell for a Priemum... Once you get this ability dialed in... Make a few samples.... OFF you go.... I believe that the CW is EXCELLENT for ADA Signs....

As for bringing in the Braille Drill pattern, I am wondering if Corel Draw and DXF or is it DFX CW is the way to bring in the drill patterns...

The Material is White 1/4 inch Corian.....

Some tips that Kieth has posted is that He makes a Key Hole Slot in the back of the sign to aid it supporting it to the wall.

He also makes a floor stand jig to get the distance between the floor and the sign standard.

Painting can be as easy as spray let dry and sand off the excess or use a tape mask for the design.

He has done a few Buildings of them.... MANY public buildings you visit on a day to day DO NOT have the ADA Signs... IF you had that ability and OFFERED that service... Money in the bank....

I may look into this soon... But I have so many other irons in the fire now and have been working 7 days a week...

Good Luck !!!!

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-22-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com