Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck stops making passes.

Are you getting any error messages on any of this? If you have observed the machine stop, what did/does the display say? If it stops and re sets back to the main menu, it could be a bad power supply or loose power connection.

It sounds like you have down draft dust collection hook up. What are you using to collect it? Dust collector or shop vac?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Your machines behavior sounds exactly like the behavior I noticed when the board fails to move forward. If the belts are not slipping on the board, it could be that you have too much backlash in the x gears or even a missing tooth. After all else is exhausted, I would check the x gears.

IF I understand the problem: The pictures pointed to the problem..... The thin strip left over wood on top of the board on each side are what the rubber rollers use to push DOWN on the board. I believe this is TOO THIN to put sufficient pressure on the board letting the sand paper belt spin under the board... Since the Brass Roller is not moving to the correct location the sand paper belts continue to spin... I don't think LHR Anticipated this condition and the Sand Paper Belts continue to move until the Brass Roller reads the correct number of pulses. I bet there is no timer or alarm circuit for that condition as it would be very rare... Again... A WAG... Wild AL Guess.... The Firmware Lord might chime in on that little gem.... Every WAG helps US learn about the machine...

Since this looks like some Rough Oak boards, the Thickness might be a issue also.... The board might be THIN in areas....

To solve this problem... I would TAPE some wood rails along side your board and be sure they are even on the end to prevent measuring problems. This would give the Oak Board something to hold down. The 2 inch Masking Tape on the bottom of the board holding the two strips of wood to the board. You will need to adjust the width of your designer artwork.

This will end the problem... in my opinion...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-19-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

My experience Al is that the machine does exactly as described when the belt slips. This happened to me as I was experimenting with my rotary jig design. The x does not continue rolling as I also expected. The process just stays on hold until the brass roller moves again. If I pushed on the board, it would go again.

I had this issue and it was a chiped x transport gear last week. The truck was running but would not more forward. the odd thing is i had a jam in the board and had a idea that it was toasted, however i tested the machine using the measured function and it measured right... lol.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 09-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12