Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready to buy

Default Ready to buy

Hi,
    My wife and I are getting ready to buy the CarveWright unit. We enjoy working with wood projects and have been considering this unit for some time. We have gone through several dremal units but due to how long it takes to carve out items we were looking for an easier method. (due to our age and how steady our hand can be LOL). If anyone can help in giving some direction on what is needed to keep the price within reach. We like the idea of the signs and lettering, We have seen so many fantastic looking items that we are excited about owning one.
    We also want to know how dependable this unit is and does this unit need to be put in the middle of the garage.

Thanks for your help
    Ken

Hey Ken, Glad you're coming around to making some sawdust with us. First thing is to let us know where you reside and then we can see if we have a STARTU member close to you and they'll give you information and advice on your purchase. Again... WELCOME !

Quote Originally Posted by Kmbzak View Post
    Hi,
    My wife and I are getting ready to buy the CarveWright unit. We enjoy working with wood projects and have been considering this unit for some time. We have gone through several dremal units but due to how long it takes to carve out items we were looking for an easier method. (due to our age and how steady our hand can be LOL). If anyone can help in giving some direction on what is needed to keep the price within reach. We like the idea of the signs and lettering, We have seen so many fantastic looking items that we are excited about owning one.
    We also want to know how dependable this unit is and does this unit need to be put in the middle of the garage.

Thanks for your help
    Ken
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Thanks, We live in Show Low, AZ

Good advice.
    You can go to the start you start u spot in the main menu and find a start U member close to you.
    Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Thanks I'll give it a try.
    Ken

Ken,

If you want to start out slow (keep with in a set price range and have a good basic system for doing signs and such) go with the basic system with the centerline and conforming vectors software. These two will give you lots of features to create great signs. Also look at joining the Project of the Month subscription, it is projects that are all set up for carving and will give you great instructions for doing so. It is also a great way of learning how project designs are set up.

The new C version machines have been very dependable if you learn the proper cleaning and lubrication and maintenance steps. As for how and where you set your system up is up to you and your space needs. Several have it set up on a normal work bench while others use a portable cart/bench.

Steve Nelson is the start u member in Arizona area (lot of other carvers there as well) and he will do a great job.

Best of luck and keep us posted!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks, We live in Show Low, AZ
    Ha! I am going to be in Show Low on Sunday the 23rd. My mom lives there and I'm spending the day with her before I leave for Winslow early Monday morning. Small world, eh?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hey Ken,

Looks like you're in great luck! Michael Tyler is going to be right there in your neck of the woods. You should definitely try to set some time to see him if you guys can do it. Michael is one of our "Grand Poobah, Chuck Norris, Obiewon Kanobies of the Carvewright. Heck, I accidently bumped in to him and even got to shake his hand one time! LOL Maybe one day he'll even say "hi Jerry" to me! LOL

JK.... if you do get a chance, Michael can provide much information on the CW (along with the STARTU member that's in AZ as well). Get ready to ride the CW Crave Wave..... JerryB

Hi,

Thanks for your help
    Ken
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    LOL Maybe one day he'll even say "hi Jerry" to me! LOL JerryB
    Watch him, if you try and get him to give you an autograph, he'll charge you
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

10. Default

Welcome to the group Ken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast