Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is my design being reduced in size?

Default why is my design being reduced in size?

After finally getting everything working, my first design was carving but it came out about 1 inch instead of 8 inches long. It happened 3 times in a row, with 2 different designs. Why does this happen? On the CW software, it looks fine. Does anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks for any help!

What options did you select on the machine's control pad?

Post the mpc file and tell us what the LCD said when you began. What was the wood size, etc. We need some info other than "what did I do wrong".
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Thanks for the fast response! I used the standard keypad settings when prompted for each one, and everything looked "normal" when I clicked enter each time. 1. Choose project, 2. insert board, 3. stay under roller-yes, 4. choose bit, measure board, 5. center on board. The carving began but the design was miniaturized. Any ideas why? Thanks so much! I use a laser engraver every day but this a completely different animal!

Please post your MPC file & I'll try to diagnose why.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Just a guess, but if you say stay under rollers, you need an extra 7" of board in the machine greater than your original design. If your board is the same length as what you used in the Designer and you stay under the rollers, the CW will subtract the 7" from your board and use what is left.

Sorry, I just saw the other post responses after the first.... My project was a small simple 5" x 8" trial design, to see how the machine works. My second attempt was a more little complex design which also came out tiny and I aborted before it got very far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bird_panel_208.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

1 other thing I need - the board size that you put into the CW.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Thanks, Rick, THAT roller thing would explain a lot! I misunderstood the instructions, thinking it meant the project itself had to be at least 7 inches. When cutting such a small piece, can I skip the roller option, and use Center on Board especially since the design does not actually go the the edge? I'm going to try that right now!

What did it measure the actual board at? Also your depth cut is the same as the thickness of the board. That may be screwing it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast