Thread: Thank you gifts / giveaways

Default Thank you gifts / giveaways

Hi all!

If you were going to make a small little project, something very inexpensive and quick, to give away to friends, family, and customers as a 'thank you' for their business or support, or what have you... what would you make? What materials would you use? How would you finish it (or would you)?

I'm thinking of something small, cheap ($1.00 - $5.00 each or less in materials), quick (able to make several at a time, so that the final time invested in each piece is measured in minutes), and in some way related to the carvewright or woodworking in general. Perhaps name keychains, business card holders, small name plaques, etc.

Just looking for others' thoughts and ideas.
    - Ken
    Later model "B" Machine with CarveTight and Rubber belt upgrades
    RNB Model "A" Dust Collection, Scanning Probe, Rotary Jig
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

I make pens... if you have a lathe you can get very inexpensive slimline pen kits for less than $2 - I use scraps, and you can really do some easy and quick work that folks appreciate... you can then easily make batch scrap holders with 2 bits (a 1/2 ballnose and a centerline v bit) like this that use almost no material at all

Lawrence

Lawrence have you looked at this site for your pen supplies. This place is about 45 minutes from me and ships fast.
    http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie