Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ready to Buy!! Finally...

Some state have been suiting Amazon and they have agreed to charge sales tax. Nevada has a agreement but I don't remember when it starts. I think it was 2013 or 2014. Washington may have signed a agreement.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

please note- if you take my advice for the CMT 60 degree bit-- you want the one with the 1/2 inch shank-- the link doen't seem to be working, but amazon carries it- I linked the 1/4 inch shank before-

Lawrence

I believe in Texas you now have to pay tax on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Wow I didn't know, but I don't watch the news much. I guess Washington the state is being charged tax? In California it still is not. I don't charge tax on my website, guess I better look into the tax thing! Still Connie prove LHR is the better deal! So he went the correct way! But $160.00 is 10% tax and that is HIGH!!!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Since when does Amazon charge tax? Plus are they charging 10% tax? It comes from Sparks Nevada and the tax should be 8.25 % or 8.75 %. I went to Amazon and no tax was charged and free shipping. I don't know why they would charge you tax? LHR is probably the best deal! Anyway hope you enjoy your new machine! Sorry just in case somebody wants a CW from Amazon and they may think tax will be charge. Again I don't know why they would charge you, but when I made a test order it was $1599.00!

Ike
    I'm just lucky (haha) to live in the State where Amazon is headquartered, Washington. I have to pay tax on most everything that goes through them. Last I checked it was about 9.8%. I just rounded it to 10%. Mike

(just FYI we don't have a state income tax so they add a tax on just about everything else here. Never buy booze here. The tax is more than the cost of the product.)
    Last edited by mykee50; 09-03-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add

Mike,
    You made a great deal and choices on your initial setup. There really is a great bunch of people and knowledge here. I got a good friend of mine to also avail himself of
    the Labor Day sale and I hope he will be joining us here on the forums soon.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mykee50 View Post
    I just went ahead and bit the bullet. I ordered the $1400 set-up. Plus 2ea. 1/8" cutting bits, 1ea. 1/16 carving bit, and the Centerline Text and Conforming Vector software. All from LHR. Thanks to all of ya's who steered me in the right direction. A big thanks to Lawrence for itemizing things for me!!

Now the long wait......

Thanks again, Mike
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Quote Originally Posted by mykee50 View Post
    I'm just lucky (haha) to live in the State where Amazon is headquartered, Washington. I have to pay tax on most everything that goes through them. Last I checked it was about 9.8%. I just rounded it to 10%. Mike

(just FYI we don't have a state income tax so they add a tax on just about everything else here. Never buy booze here. The tax is more than the cost of the product.)
    YIKES!!!! 9.8% YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny an Amazon has a warehouse in Sparks, but it still comes from LHR and not Amazon! So going through LHR was the best way! Hope you really enjoy your new toy!

Ike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123