Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z Axis Stall Err. E06-0313. Pres STOP - Please help!

Default Z Axis Stall Err. E06-0313. Pres STOP - Please help!

Hello,

While trying to cut, I received the following error:

Z Axis Stall Err. E06-0313. Pres STOP

This is very frustrating.

I have reviewed the forum and tried all of the different recommendations - no luck. While it is the same error as others, it seems to happen at a different point. I will explain...

Board is loaded, measured - everything is fine.
    1/8 carving bit is installed - everything is fine.
    Bit touches down a few times on the wood, bit plate (the one that swings out on the right) - everything is fine.
    Bit touches down in the hole to the right of the board (next to the right hand guide) - everything is fine.
    Bit touches down on the right hand guide and this is when I get the error every time.

I can press "Stop" and start over but I get the same result. Is there something else I can try? Anything I am missing?

Thanks!
    David

Sometimes the thickness of the board causes the problem. Look at the MPC board dimensions to make sure they are what your board thickness is. Once I had a board that was thinner than the MPC called for and would get the same problem. I corrected the MPC to match the board and smooth sailing from there.

If your board is less that 1/2 inch make sure you have it on a sled.

David,

First, is it the 1/16" carving bit?? You stated 1/8"! What chuck are you using?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sorry, I meant 1/8 cutting bit...

Hello, thanks for the response. I checked the board thickness and it was off. It was 5/8" and MPC was 3/4. I corrected this in MPC but still the same error at the same place.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

David

Did the motor start after you put in bit?
    Thinking door switch.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Sounds to me like you need to use the 'dime' trick. The aux-roller(tracking roller) touch plate may be busted.

The distance between the aux roller and the sliding plate is fixed... about 1/4" difference, and that's how we determine how far the bit looks to touch the sliding plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Salt View Post
    Did the motor start after you put in bit?
    Thinking door switch.
    Yes, the motor started fine after the bit was in. Everything is normal except the last "touch" when sensing the board thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    Sounds to me like you need to use the 'dime' trick. The aux-roller(tracking roller) touch plate may be busted.

The distance between the aux roller and the sliding plate is fixed... about 1/4" difference, and that's how we determine how far the bit looks to touch the sliding plate.
    Can you remind me what the "dime trick" is?

Thanks,
    David

On the key board side of the machine, when the bit goes down to touch the plate beside the brass roller. Some have had the bit still spinning and when it lowered it drilled a hole in the plate. If yours is the same then glue a dime on top of the plate for the bit to touch on..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast