Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z Axis Stall Err. E06-0313. Pres STOP - Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    On the key board side of the machine, when the bit goes down to touch the plate beside the brass roller. Some have had the bit still spinning and when it lowered it drilled a hole in the plate. If yours is the same then glue a dime on top of the plate for the bit to touch on..
    Ok, I will give that a try. In the meantime, I have attached a picture showing where the process stops every time. I notice that it pushes down on the metal plate and then immediately stops with the X Axis error. What is it supposed to be doing at this point? Perhaps if I knew that I could figure out what is wrong.

Thanks again!

David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw_img.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	55643

Quote Originally Posted by dhauptman View Post
    Ok, I will give that a try. In the meantime, I have attached a picture showing where the process stops every time. I notice that it pushes down on the metal plate and then immediately stops with the X Axis error. What is it supposed to be doing at this point? Perhaps if I knew that I could figure out what is wrong.

Thanks again!

David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw_img.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	55643
    It is going through the process to verify the board thickness.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Take a look at the mpc again, try deleting the cut through and set it up again now that you have the proper board thickness.

Maybe attached your project for us to look over as well to see if we might find a problem

Here is a Quick Check List from above....

Look at the Brass Roller Holder and "IS" there a Hole drilled through the plastic? IF YES... Glue a Dime on top of the Plastic.... AS your machine gets older and like my machine that had 1000 hours on the Cut Motor... The Bit was still spinning when at bit change it spun up then went to the keypad side and went down... IF it is still spinning it will do the "Drill Bit Thing".... Just the nature of the bit... SO if when the bit is moving after spin up, "I" had to open my clear cover and stop the movement in the Y and WAIT until the bit stopped spinning. When I installed a NEW CUT MOTOR replacing my "Loose as a GOOSE" Motor the problem STOPPED...

ARE you watching the Bit Plate Touch EVERY time... Sometimes the Z will hit a speed bump in the Rails or Cog Belt and get a false End of Bit reading and you see the result at the Thickness Check.

Board Thickness in Designer and Real Board should be the same....

A BAD FSC CABLE.... Pulses could be lost in a bad cable as the head moves in Y and finds a BAD Spot causing the error... in Z.

And I think the Firmware Lord did want you to place a dime on the RIGHT side Guide.... As in where your picture shows the bit touching....

This is a VERY WAG... Wild AL Guess... IF you head was NOT Level.... The measurement at the Bit Plate and at the Right side Guide could be out of tollerance.... IS your head level.... 3 ways to look.... Measure Sand Paper Belt to frame both sides.... Install a small block of wood with a strip of paper on each side of the belt and crank down on board and pull paper... IF paper pulls out of one side.. Could be HIGH.... and last but not least.... Install a WIDE board and crank down... Use Options and Sensor Data and Z Data and touch the board on the left and right and look at the LCD Readings.....

And possible Dirty Encoder on Z...

Let us know,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-29-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank you all for the help. I haven't had time to do the dime trick yet or check the other suggestions but I will be working on it tomorrow morning. I have attached the project. It is pretty simple...just a big "D".Kami - D.mpc

Thanks again!
    David

Try cutting a old pattern that you know works , this will tell you if it,s the new mpc or if its a C/W problem.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Success! The "dime" trick did it. Thank you all for your support. This is a great forum. Now if I could just figure out the "Check Cut Motor" message that pops up every time the machine begins cutting... I just push "Enter" and it keeps cutting so not a big deal.

Thanks again!

David

Attachment 55648Attachment 55649Attachment 55650

I used a ceiling fan weight with double side tape - works great but make sure it is below the rail.
    Last edited by chief2007; 08-30-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhauptman View Post
    Success! The "dime" trick did it. Thank you all for your support. This is a great forum. Now if I could just figure out the "Check Cut Motor" message that pops up every time the machine begins cutting... I just push "Enter" and it keeps cutting so not a big deal.

Thanks again!

David
    Glad to hear that was the fix!! Check Cut motor, betting you get it when doing a carve with the V bits... common error, just make sure your cut motor brushes are good. Recommended to be changed out around 250 cut hours..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12