Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Jewelry Box Project

I thought about the board size too, but it didn't work. I opened the download as is, and it had a board size already chosen. The cutouts are fine, it's the routed channels and patterns that are scrambled. I was able to use it as a guide to show me how to place the shapes on a board for grain continuity and economy of board usage. In my original post, I also misstated the name of the mpc file. It is Jewelry Box All[1a].mpc and I got it off of this forum, and not from the store. I think the one I originally quoted, was a purchased project file. I am new to the Carvewright and this forum is awesome!! Thanks everyone for the assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by kroskam View Post
    I thought about the board size too, but it didn't work. I opened the download as is, and it had a board size already chosen. The cutouts are fine, it's the routed channels and patterns that are scrambled. I was able to use it as a guide to show me how to place the shapes on a board for grain continuity and economy of board usage. In my original post, I also misstated the name of the mpc file. It is Jewelry Box All[1a].mpc and I got it off of this forum, and not from the store. I think the one I originally quoted, was a purchased project file. I am new to the Carvewright and this forum is awesome!! Thanks everyone for the assistance.
    Ok, sorry. I thought it was the NeoClassical Keepsake Box from the CarveWright Store. I have the "Try Before You Buy" files and they opened perfectly in 1.185, no problem. I am not familiar with the file(s) you have. I'm sorry I wasn't any help for you on this! (I still suspect it is a constraint issue, though...but, not having seen the files, that's only a guess.) If any components have a constraint assigned to them...remove the constraints before trying a new layout and/or changing the MPC board size.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

That is a five year old project that was posted by KenM in 2007. To explain how to put all pieces on one board. I want to carve it too! I have plans today, but i will fix it tonight and reupload it here for you.

here are the files separately.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks BadBert. The individual files opened fine in my designer software. I think I have fiqured out how to set up a project on one board, and cut out all of the parts at one time, which is why I downloaded the project in the first place. I really appreciate everyones help with this. Now all I have to do is to get the pieces to all go together correctly in my project after they are carved on the machine.

Yep...constraints on some elements in those files. When you changed the board size without removing the constraints, well...there was your problem. I was 99.9% sure that was it, even without seeing the files, and am very happy you licked the "problem"!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    When you changed the board size without removing the constraints, well...there was your problem.
    Try loading the mpc:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/att...9&d=1199120743

from the original thread:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...9040#post49040

Yes, it has constraints, but comparing what shows up in Designer and what is shown in the picture in the above thread, it's all garbled up in 1.185 even without changing the board size...

Yes, it sure is garbled....I am guessing the problem is with the mpc file itself. Perhaps when it got combined, something got lost in the translation...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12