Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Jewelry Box Project

Default Help with Jewelry Box Project

I am new to the Carvewright and I am trying to learn the software. I downloaded a Jewelry Box MPC File to try and learn how to set up my own projects on one board. The file I downloaded is JewelryBox-Main-CWsite. When I open the file, it scrambles the patterns all over the boards, and I have tried moving them around to make sense of the patterns, but so far no luck. The patterns are scattered across boards ect. I think they have been scrambled in the carving list, but I can not fiqure out how to get them put back in order. Do I have a particular setting wrong or is the file I downloaded corrupted? Any help would be appreciated.

What a great forum!

The file must have been corrupted as you downloaded it - I'd delete it and try again.

Can't remember if this is a purchased MPC or not, but if it is, I believe that Your "file" with CW will show that you've paid for it, and will allow you to download again.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by kroskam View Post
    I am new to the Carvewright and I am trying to learn the software. I downloaded a Jewelry Box MPC File to try and learn how to set up my own projects on one board. The file I downloaded is JewelryBox-Main-CWsite. When I open the file, it scrambles the patterns all over the boards, and I have tried moving them around to make sense of the patterns, but so far no luck. The patterns are scattered across boards ect. I think they have been scrambled in the carving list, but I can not fiqure out how to get them put back in order. Do I have a particular setting wrong or is the file I downloaded corrupted? Any help would be appreciated.

What a great forum!
    I would do what Jerry said or log into your account at CW and download it from there
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Ok. Thanks guys I'll try that.

Above all... dont give up... it is a great machine after you iron out the kinks... and a wonderful hobby!

Have you "upgraded" to 1.85? It is acting odd. If not, don't! If you have, and are having problems, reload 1.84. I haven't heard that is was fixed yet.
    Some people are not having problems, but if you are having software issues, that would be my first guess.
    Good luck to you and good carving.
    G.P.

I believe there is a new update out with the fix's.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Default Thanks Leo

Great, Thanks for the update

I tried another download, but the same thing happens. The pieces are laid out fine, but the patterns, and the routing is scrambled. I have the newest version 1.185 of the software. I thought maybe I have one of the settings within the software set to where the patterns are snapping to a different setting than the author had turned on when they made the mpc file. I wanted to use the example so I can learn to set up projects such as a jewelry box with multiple pieces on the same board for grain matching and wood economy. Thanks for all of the help!! This is a great forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kroskam View Post
    I tried another download, but the same thing happens. The pieces are laid out fine, but the patterns, and the routing is scrambled. I have the newest version 1.185 of the software. I thought maybe I have one of the settings within the software set to where the patterns are snapping to a different setting than the author had turned on when they made the mpc file. I wanted to use the example so I can learn to set up projects such as a jewelry box with multiple pieces on the same board for grain matching and wood economy. Thanks for all of the help!! This is a great forum.
    Although I am not certain of this (but I am pretty dang sure!), I think we may have some "pilot error" going on

The project MPC's have location constraints applied to some components. If you have attempted to change the board size on any of the MPC's, the parts will "go crazy" and change their locations all around the board.

SOLUTION: Do not make any changes to the board size or any other changes to the MPC layouts. Just follow the directions as in the PDF (the PDF specifies the actual board sizes you will place into your machine...these dimensions are DIFFERENT from the virtual layout board size!)

Just open an MPC, upload it to your card as-is, place a board into the machine that matches the dimensions specified for each particular MPC, and run the project. You should be fine if you do that (and don't make any changes to the MPC layouts).

Please let me know if I guessed correctly! I hope this helps.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast