Thread: Conference Thumb Drive Patterns

Default Conference Thumb Drive Patterns

At the conference we were all given a thumb drive with patterns shown there. There are also several sign
    shapes that I'm not sure how to use. After getting click happy as my son calls it,
    they ended up in my favorites folder in my patterns and they don't move to my virtual board. Can anyone
    tell me how to use these. Thanks.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfdchief View Post
    At the conference we were all given a thumb drive with patterns shown there. There are also several sign
    shapes that I'm not sure how to use. After getting click happy as my son calls it,
    they ended up in my favorites folder in my patterns and they don't move to my virtual board. Can anyone
    tell me how to use these. Thanks.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Just open any sign shape mpc. You will see several on one board. Start a New project, then copy/paste your choice of sign shape from the previous mpc into your New project. Then layout your new project (resize, add lettering, carve regions, ptn's...whatever) and save the project as a new mpc for tooling.

I hope that helps.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael, I take it they should be deleted from my pattern library then? They don't open as a ptn but show up in the library as "sign shapes". Thanks again.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfdchief View Post
    Thanks Michael, I take it they should be deleted from my pattern library then? They don't open as a ptn but show up in the library as "sign shapes". Thanks again.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I'm not sure how the sign shape mpc's got into your pattern library (I didn't know that was possible to have mpc's in the library).

There are nine patterns on the USB stick that are not related to the signs, and those would show up in the pattern library in a directory called "2012 Discover Conference Collection". I can see how those would be there, but not understanding how the sign shape mpc's could have ended up there.

The sign MPC's would just be stored elsewhere on your computer hard drive, then opened like any other MPC. So, if you really have the mpc's in the library, I guess it would be ok to delete them from the library.

Sorry, I may not be of much help on this.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

any chance that Carvewright or any of the guys on here have any they are selling or giving away to those who were unfortunately unable to attend the conference???

Hi Michael,

I probably wasn't clear when I said the actual shapes were in my library. It was just the titles "Sign Shapes 1" etc. Figured out how they got there too. As I said in my first post, I got click happy and when the mpc was displayed in designer, I must have hit the Extract Patterns icon and in they went or at least the name anyway. Thanks again for your help.

Mark