Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A somewhat strange request!

Default A somewhat strange request!

Lol my website seems to get me an order every month or so! I just glued up a sign blank for a customer who wants 2 logs with a fire. Basically a campfire, on the logs will have their names, first, last and the upcoming date they will be married. I planned on hand routing the sign, unless I can get a good pattern?

So I am asking does anyone have a campfire pattern that names can be carved on the 2 logs? I made this one, but it just not right!

Ike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: ptn 1.ptn (32.4 KB, 54 views)

Ike have a png of a fire stacked like a Teepe, could make a pattern and send it to you but the internet is real slow here at the Susanville RV Park! Greg

Ike, what about this one. it is 8x12x.5 or sized larger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails campfile.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Greg you are at the Susanville RV Park?!!! Which one the one in Standish or in town near the fair grounds?

Eddie I will give it a try after dinner! Thank you so much!!!

Rick

Near the fairgrounds

Well I need it 14" wide by 24" long and it will be cut out in the shape of the campfire. Hmm I will hand draw the campfire and hand rout the sign! I appreciate the help, I was having the same problem with the ptn I made the length was too small!

Again thanks, I will make the sign tomorrow the blank is dry, but I like to keep it clamped over night. I will post the finished product!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by gsdsj View Post
    Near the fairgrounds
    Wow well welcome to Susanville!! How long are you staying? You are more then welcome to come visit!

Ike

Changed our route back from oregon, just got here and leaving first thing in the a.m. If I knew about the change sooner I would gotten a hold of you!

Well darn!!! It would have been nice to meet you! Plus you could have stayed at my house rather then the park! I have more then enough room plus electricity and even sewer if needed! Oh well maybe next time! Plus pretty quick internet! Shoot I have a guest bedroom you could have stayed in!!!!

Rick
    Last edited by Ike; 08-28-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast