Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: homing fault

dalelynne Guest

Default homing fault

I just unacked and started using my machine today. was running a couple test items to check on my design. Was using 2x4 pine. The first piece came through fine, but I wanted to fine tune my design, so I made a few changes. I then tried the new design and it practically went through the 2 inch wood and looks more like I was wood burning and forgot to move the piece. I lifted the head with no resistenace, so did not think anything about it and thought I'd try a different piece of wood thinking maybe I had pushed the wrong control button on the control panel. But I don't think that would have caused the bit to go deep and not recover. When I tried to repeat the design on a new piece of wood I received the following __ Homing.... then received the follwoing error --y/z homing fault error 321. Anyone have a clue? I have contacted cw via email contact and will try from work tomorrow by phone. But if anyone knows anything let me know.

Did you try turning off the machine, removing the memory card, then putting it back in and turning the machine on again? I'm not so sure removing the memory flash card does anything but a reboot often corrects a lot of weird operations.

Bob

Default error 321

I also experienced the error code and I am awaiting a response from CW. I just emailed them yesterday and I am sure they are busy.

Default THE LED READOUT READS- Y/2 HOMING FAULT. ERROR 310, 246

THE LED READOUT READS- Y/2 HOMING FAULT. ERROR 310, 246 (HOMING SENSOR BLOCKED- COVER SWITCH OPEN
    Any idea if these are related and ppoints to a bad part of config?
    This is a machine for sale and I want to know if it is a bad deal? or a good buy??
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Mike,

I'd guess that each problem is individual. Check the Forum for each problem and see if any of those cures help. No need to write them again, as many have already been posted.

Bob

thanks for the response. I have searched the forum for the codes, thats what lead me to this thread, I was wondering if anyone seen this combo of errors and if it pointed to a system wide failure or more likely two separate smaller errors.
    It seems a ribbon cable is the cause of one error and the door switch the other, this seems two unrelated issues unless a common sensor controller is faulty. I was hoping for insight into the relationship between the errors.
    Thank you for your time.
    Mike G

Mike,

The Homing Fault might also be due to the black "L" piece that's supposed to be between the Z head sensor and the backplate when the head is raised to the top (and you have LCD set to 0, then 7) when full up the LCD should read Blocked and when lowered it should read Clear.

Bob

Check the small ribon cable on the back of the Y truck. the farthest one from the keypad side goes to the homing sensor.
    Ron Baird Ottawa, Ontario (summer)
    Rockport, Texas (winter)
    Beta Tester since Jan. 2005

Thanks for the insight, I will try to get this machine, I feel confident enough that these are minor errors and with the help of this forum I will have another chip flinger.
    Mike G

Go for it, Mike.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast