Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Has Gotten Pretty Reliable!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CarveWright Has Gotten Pretty Reliable!

Out of all of our orders yesterday, a board sensor cable was the only parts order! WooHoo!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ya.. and even by judging on the quantity of "troubleshooting" posts here on the forum it would appear that many of the problems are but a distant memory now. I might be a masochist, but I even look fondly on all the growing pains I had to endure with working with this machine for the early days.
    Doug Fletcher

I'm going to change my names for my C/W's . I called them my Ford's "fix or repair daily" its been at 6 months and I still have not had cover off them.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

This has been a trend over the last year. It is when someone new getting a older machine that we all jump to help get it running and the user TRAINED... Attitude is 90%... Like a Automobile, Maintenance and HOW TO is required.... The 7 inch rule of wood generates the most Pilot Errors.... Once we get the Pilots to learn to Carve by reading the Tips and Tricks do we really find our job done. The machine is not a plug and play like a Table Saw... You need to know how to properly use the machine to be successful....

And with that, we see less and less real troubleshooting where components fail.... YES, in the current configuration the machine is very RELIABLE... EVEN my "A" Series that have all the fixes AND a RINGNECK BLUES Dust Collector.

As we know one disappointed customer tells 1000 people and a happy customer tells 10.........

As far as all the BAD PRESS posted since 2007 on other forums.... IF the person does not do the due diligence and get the real scoop HERE about the Reliability, well..... I guess they will just miss out on a really GREAT Affordable MACHINE...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The straighter the run of the flex shaft , the less heat and friction that will be generated ... I may also try just hanging the motor temporarily like my rotary tool motor.. It's all bout getting rid of the friction, heat, and shaft vibration..
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Hanging the motor has been done before, and pictures were posted on the forum.

I will bet ya, that a lot of people are using some sort of vauuming of the machine. Reading a lot of the old maintenance posts, it seems a lot were caused by debris everywhere. I know the 2 machines we run nearly every day are always clean and our downtime is less than 3%. I am also a firm believer in Preventive Maintenance. The vacs we use keep our machines very clean. A clean machine is a happy machine.
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

Old Salt - you had me there for a minute. My mind was seeing a cover like you throw over an unused BBQ pit, then I realized you meant you hadn't had to take the clear cover off to fix anything in 6 months.

It's Friday and my mind is moving a little slow this morning.

Good deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Old Salt - you had me there for a minute. My mind was seeing a cover like you throw over an unused BBQ pit, then I realized you meant you hadn't had to take the clear cover off to fix anything in 6 months.

It's Friday and my mind is moving a little slow this morning.

Good deal!!!
    Its not morning anymore. I think you need more coffee...
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

See.....I told you it was moving slow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast