Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $1.97 compucarve 1/8 cutting bits with QC adapter

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I also don't want to create any bad feelings with anyone here with my "entrepreneurial enterprise". The progressive in me feels a bit guilty buying them all, but the enterprising side of me feels like I'm taking a legitimate chance at a business opportunity. Hopefully my pricing will be low enough that I can satisfy both sides of my emotional see saw. I just feel like if I was going to buy any for resale, I should really buy them all... and if I didn't, someone else would.... it also has made for some good "supply and demand" discussions around our dinner table with my 8 and 10 year old boys.
    Lawrence
    If you hadn't I would have.

Ditto...and I suspect that even if you priced them double or triple what you paid for them, they would still be at a significant discount to LHR. As far as the length goes, I though .8 was the current depth for the carving bit?!?!? It used to be 1" for both cutting and carving, but after one of the upgrades the reduced the carving depth to .8. I guess if they increased it again, I missed it. I still try to participate in this forum, but I'll admit I haven't spent nearly as much time here as I used to. To many other interested getting my attention lately (3D Printer (MendelMax), Laser Cutter (FS Laser), desktop cnc (shapeoko), autonomous quadcaopter (Arducopter)) They really need to start adding more hours to the day. Just never enough time.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Ditto...and I suspect that even if you priced them double or triple what you paid for them, they would still be at a significant discount to LHR. As far as the length goes, I though .8 was the current depth for the carving bit?!?!? It used to be 1" for both cutting and carving, but after one of the upgrades the reduced the carving depth to .8. I guess if they increased it again, I missed it. I still try to participate in this forum, but I'll admit I haven't spent nearly as much time here as I used to. To many other interested getting my attention lately (3D Printer (MendelMax), Laser Cutter (FS Laser), desktop cnc (shapeoko), autonomous quadcaopter (Arducopter)) They really need to start adding more hours to the day. Just never enough time.
    Doug

I think the current software version increased the depth to .82 if I remember correctly. It was listed in the change log.

I think the current software version increased the depth to .82 if I remember correctly. It was listed in the change log
    I had to pull a few strings, we now can raster cut through 13/16" thick wood without cutting the last few thousands by hand thanks to the CT inprovements. Now the software will....

I think it was .9 for raster back in the age before time.

(3D Printer (MendelMax), Laser Cutter (FS Laser), desktop cnc (shapeoko), autonomous quadcaopter (Arducopter))
    man you have been distracted. always good to see your post here tho..
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 08-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Lawrence, Sounds good. Lets us know when you settle on aprice and get approval to sell. I'm sure lots of us will support your "entrepreneurial enterprise ". You have definately given many things here that all of us have learned from. If you don't get approval I'd also purchase from ebay from you but that will just add to some additional costs. Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Lawrence, My bit is as dull as a butterknife been cutting corian so I am in the market for bits as we speak.(Day late and a dollar short the story of my life). I am definetly interested if and when you decide to sell. Feel free to contact me

Me too... I could use a few......
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Me to just pm me.
    Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Lawrence,

If you get a list going you can add my name. I can always use some.

Thanks,
    Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast