Thread: Setting the edge attachments to multiple items

Default Setting the edge attachments to multiple items

Is there any way of setting the edge attachment on multiple items at the same time if the distance is the same? I have a bunch of evenly spaced holes I want drilled in a piece of corian. But instead of place each hole and attaching it a specific distance from the edge I want to take a whole row of holes and set the same distance for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bil381 View Post
    Is there any way of setting the edge attachment on multiple items at the same time if the distance is the same? I have a bunch of evenly spaced holes I want drilled in a piece of Corian. But instead of place each hole and attaching it a specific distance from the edge I want to take a whole row of holes and set the same distance for all of them.
    First, I don't think any bit other than the carving bit of approved for Corian!

Second, the new 2D package has an option called "Copy Offset" which may be what you desire (on the right material).
    My "Download" link, below, has several lessons where the lesson title begins with" 2D-Copy Offset" which may be of assistance.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks for the help. I will take a look at your videos. Has anybody ever tried using the carvewright to drill holes in corian?
    Quote Originally Posted by bil381 View Post
    Is there any way of setting the edge attachment on multiple items at the same time if the distance is the same? I have a bunch of evenly spaced holes I want drilled in a piece of corian. But instead of place each hole and attaching it a specific distance from the edge I want to take a whole row of holes and set the same distance for all of them.

the download link is not showingQUOTE=AskBud;183610]First, I don't think any bit other than the carving bit of approved for Corian!

Second, the new 2D package has an option called "Copy Offset" which may be what you desire (on the right material).
    My "Download" link, below, has several lessons where the lesson title begins with" 2D-Copy Offset" which may be of assistance.
    AskBud[/QUOTE]

The Download link is in my signature, below!
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Couldn't you just copy and paste? Make the first hole and attach it. Then copy and paste it, and the copy should already be attached?

Also, constrain one, copy as many times as you need, select all, aline bottoms. They would all align with the fixed one, wouldn't they?
    G.P.

If I correctly understand the request.... Hole Placement as a GROUP...?

There is a set of alignment tools... place a bunch of holes in a row then select them all then and then select a align tool to bring them all in line at once....

Another trick is to turn on the GRID AND center on board and make the spacing the distance between the holes. Use Snap to Grid and start placing your holes.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-12-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have tried that. It copies the whole to the proper alignment but it does it one mesurement down and one to the right. I haven't figured out how to di it by selecting a whole row.

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaPam View Post
    Also, constrain one, copy as many times as you need, select all, aline bottoms. They would all align with the fixed one, wouldn't they?
    G.P.

I hadn't thought of setting up the grid and snapping to it. That would probably be the quickest way. Than ks.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    If I correctly understand the request.... Hole Placement as a GROUP...?

There is a set of alignment tools... place a bunch of holes in a row then select them all then and then select a align tool to bring them all in line at once....

Another trick is to turn on the GRID AND center on board and make the spacing the distance between the holes. Use Snap to Grid and start placing your holes.

AL