Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot read menu letters on CW Machine

Default Cannot read menu letters on CW Machine

New user: Setup machine, got software updates on card: load cut file on card: Plug in card and turn on machine. Menu is in some hyrogliphic type writing. Sometimes you can make out a 1 and 2 menu options, but the words are illegible. Tried adjusting contrast, no avail: Reformated card: no change. Just about ready to head back to Sears with it as my 90 day return policy is running. Got the machine on 22 Jan. Any help would be appreciated. I am not home in time to call CW during the week, and they are not here on weekends, so in my opinion, Customer Service gets a knock for that. Most home hobbiest's do thier work on weekends.. Willing to attach pic if anyone wants to see it..

Thanks
    John

Default UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Never mind, I'm taking it back.... I reflashed the card, added the newest firmware, plugged it back in and now I do not even get the stupid writing, just blank screen. Did adjust contrast both directions to make sure it was not just me. Is there a master reset on this 1800.00 boat anchor?

Did you bother call CarveWright?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I leave for work at 0500, and do not get home until after 1900 during the week. I wish they had a weekend call center.....

I have not tryed calling from work as I fugure they would want me at the machine to troubleshoot it..

Goig to check pins for card on machine, just maybe one got bent. Any other ideas?

try emailing tech support. they should give you some help that way if you work and can't call during the week.
    if you don't expect too much from me, you won't be let down.

Wanna hear a funny? I reflash card yet again, load program, still no display. So I hit 1 and enter a few times, machine starts carving, display is still blank. Hmmm, must be a bad LCD Display? connection? We will see if this project works, just nice to hear it running ya know?

Glad it's 'sort of' working. I would second the motion concernign emailing CW. Very nice folks to work with, I'm sure they will get you fixed up.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Sagga continues

Okay, blindly I am in the middle of my project. Simple cut if I do say so myself. bout 45 minutes into it, I decide to check the temp of the cable as I have read alot of comments on this. at the bend in the flex cable it is so hot I cannot touch it (for more than a second) Not being able to read the menu to pause the machine, I lift the lid. I let it cool and tryed to BLINDLY restart from where I left off as I was 3/4 done with my cuts. Guessed wrong on the key pad, machine restarted from home........MMmmm So, scrap 1 piece of cherry 8 x 15". I am now wondering if the cable locked up after cooling, so I am headed back to the garage to try again..I may open the side to make sure the LCD did not come unplugged? Thoughts?

When you stop by lifting the lid during a project , just simple close lid and hit the green button. It will resume carving where it left off.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Thanks Dan, I should have asked b4 I started hittin buttons. Oh well. I took off the crank side panel and checked to make sure lcd was plugged in, it was. Guess I need to call CW tomorrow. So far not real happy about machine, as quality does not seem to be as pictured on screen..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast