Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HC-130 Pattern

Default HC-130 Pattern

Has anyone ever come across, or have a pattern for a HC130 aircraft? I have found a couple of decent models using a google search that I could probably get away with but my pattern making abilities are still not up-to-par yet. I really figured this would be a ready made pattern but I can't find one.

Thanks,
    john
    Last edited by Ton80; 08-08-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Default C-130

Something like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lockheed_C-130_Hercules.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	55199Lockheed_C-130_Hercules.mpc
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Pretty close to what I found on google... I'm looking for one that has already been "cleaned" up because the one I have also has the some of the same imperfections going on with this one, not that I don't appreciate you posting this !! Please don't take my comment the wrong way.

This is what I ended up with using the image I found on Google and only applying a little bit of Gaussian blur so far.. I have a pretty decent understanding of what I need to edit to get better results but I just haven't gotten enough practice in to get it done in a reasonably quick time frame. I know the new software would help me immensely with this pattern but the expenditure is just not an option at the moment
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120808-1yrw4un1u5qh2r56wwikxhdxd7.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	55202

Ton80

If you have a 3d model already shoot me a pm and I can render a heightmap out for you
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    Has anyone ever come across, or have a pattern for a HC130 aircraft? I have found a couple of decent models using a google search that I could probably get away with but my pattern making abilities are still not up-to-par yet. I really figured this would be a ready made pattern but I can't find one.

Thanks,
    john
    I have one it is a side view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC130_vl_DISP - cw.jpg   CC130_vl_DISP -.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Nice designs guys!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

That is a nice design!

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Ton80

If you have a 3d model already shoot me a pm and I can render a heightmap out for you
    The one I have is not but there are websites that sell pretty nice 3d images that are free to use as I wish after purchased. What would the preferable format be for a conversion if I can't find something that I want to use or make? They offer several different formats:

.3ds
    .fbx
    .flt
    .lws
    .max
    .obj

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    I have one it is a side view.
    That is really nice. Thanks, BJ. I'll see if that one will do. I have a feeling the person I'm making this for is already heart-set on the one I posted above so I'm going to tinker around this weekend and try and teach myself a few things about GIMP... finally. Hope Alan is available for some advice

John

Any format 3d format will worl for most part..most popular you will find are max,obj,3ds..they are all fine

Let me know
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast