Thread: Z axis stall

1. Default Z axis stall

Hi there,

This is my first post, on any forum. not much of a computer wizard. Anyway, was doing a trial carve today, to make sure my placement was right. Suddenly the carver ran off path and into the board. when this happened, it stopped the bit. I immediately hit stop, and cranked the head up. no damage was appearent, except the board. but now I have a z axis stall error that pretty much has the machine shut down. I've checked the cables, cleaned the z truck, etc. everything seems to move smoothly, can anyone tell me what other damage this may have caused, or what may have caused it to run amuck.

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the problem.

I think you are experiencing the same thing that nearly all of us have experienced - something is wrong, now what do I do?

I'm glad you posted the question rather than just getting angry.
    There are some things that would help us to better answer your question like - how many hours are on the machine.
    And, what do you mean by "Suddenly the carver ran off path and into the board" - did it go off the pattern sideways or just down?

If there are quite a few hours on the machine it could be dust in the encoder, but several other things may need to be looked at.

Something that may help is to understand that the Search function works with multiple words if you put them in double quotes (like "Z axis stall").
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Move the Z Truck up and look from above to see if the Flex is catching on the top cover slot on the upstroke....

Loose or bad FSC Cable...

Dirty Encoder...

July 2011 first post.... WELCOME How many carve or cut motor hours?

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03360_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com