Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a registered copy of Vectric Software?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Just ranting!
    Steve you did a fine job modeling the project. I think it was great learning lesson for you to remake it. It just goes to show that the new 3D program has alot of potential and I would be a buyer if I didn't have other programs that I have already purchased.

@Lawrence LOL I admire your self control. Wish I had more.

Question: How would LHR react to projects, they 'Payed' someone to do, ending up on the ShopBOT forums? Just trying to put things into perspective.

Question: How would Apple respond to a iPad clone, that was not a 'true' copy but inspired by a iPad, being sold by Sony?

Personally, I would delete the project from this thread. It is telling (and wise IMHO) that the original designer has not chimed in.

I own VCarve Pro 6.5 and I could have easily transformed from vendor 1's format to vendor 2's but chose to honor the corporate investment by Vectric.

JMHO.. No flames please.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Perhaps we need more collaberation between shopbot and us. Imagine a world where we could work together on creating patterns. One of the 3d gurus, could create a wooden chain to circle and hang the heart. Someone else could create a carved cage rather than using dowel rods.

Thanks Lawrence. Some of the others I think have missed the point There is no project on this forum to delete. Just some example pictures on how to use the new software. Perhaps my choice of examples wasn't the best.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by badbert View Post
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    Huh?? Where in the world did this come from?
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Steve.. Sorry, I assumed there was a MPC attached with the pics as we normally do here. My bad and apologies.

The conversation strayed from the OP's request. I was just trying to bring some different perspective, as seen in the world today, of problems associated with these types of things, ie: close copies of someone else's work, especially when they received compensation for it. It can become messy.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Thanks Lawrence. Some of the others I think have missed the point There is no project on this forum to delete. Just some example pictures on how to use the new software. Perhaps my choice of examples wasn't the best.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

That is a nice looking adaption to the original. It was also a great learning experience I bet!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    Huh?? Where in the world did this come from?
    I certainly wasn't pointing fingers, or accusing anyone. I apologize if anyone was offended. I just meant that everyone has at one time or another copied a famous work of art, or used a picture, you don't own, to make a pattern. In this case Michael was given full credit for the work. The original was not copied, only used for inspiration, and he didn't post the MPC, he only posted a picture.

Steve thanks for the input on time it took to recreate this wonderful project. I'm sure it was a great learning experience. I'll have to put this on my wanted list for my wife.

My first thought upon reading the original post was, "bet you could do it with our new software".

Thanks, Steve, for confirming that!! Great job.

As for Michael not chiming in, I assure you it tells you nothing more than he hasn't read the thread and quite possibly may be taking a much deserved break.

Are the software updates to the vectric software free? Or just the projects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 08-09-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast