Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a registered copy of Vectric Software?

Default Anyone have a registered copy of Vectric Software?

They have given a free copy of a project that i am interested in making, but it is not compatible with Carvewright software. Can anyone convert a .CRV3D to .DXF?

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...valentines.htm

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Good Luck I have been trying to carve that for some time. Let me know if you get it converted.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Will do, thanks

Denise and Rich
    Last edited by Denise; 08-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.

let me know to please. There is some nice projects for free I would like to carve.

Denise, I looked at the documentation for the pattern you posted a link to. That was made by Michael T here on the forum, but as he mentioned in the docs, the text was v-carve. Thus even if someone were to convert it to an STL (not DXF), I believe you would have to place the text and align the holes in designer. You would also need to have center line and conforming vectors to do the text since it is on an angle. That pattern was made for the shop-bot, that allows tool paths and bit selection within the vectric Aspire software. It is a nice project and I can see why you would want it. Nice work Michael.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I knew it could...I knew it could!

Good job, Steve!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Steve, nice work. I knew it could be redesigned in designer or other software, but I respect the fact that Michael T created it, and would not copy his design.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

MAYBE... Michael will make a version for us? It doesn't look that hard...

Okay here is the story. I re-created Michael's design using only the tools built into the Carvewright Designer. I have not carved it and probably won't. It was mearly an exercise to see if it could be done. When I contacted Michael to see if it was okay to share it, he informed me that he created it as an employee of Vectric and was paid for his efforts. Therefore, the design belongs to Vectric and I would need their permission. I have contacted them asking for permission to re-create it as a non-profit endevor but, I have not received a reply as yet.
    Steve

I guess this is that "gray area" as since the mpc has been created and there has been some adapations to the original, is it OK to share? I don't have a clue, but I'm sure that are some opinions.... LOL OK.... time to beat this one to death on license/sharing/gray areas.... etc...
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast