Thread: Keyboard / menu problems?

1. Default Keyboard / menu problems?

Hello..

To start from the beginning a week or so ago while doing a fairly simple care kept getting message something like.. " Continue opereration? ENTER for yes Stop to abort" I reformatted card and did the project with no more problems.

Today on a different project, the carve started off center then the "Continue operation" messages started again. Did the reformat again and thought I should check the sensors because of the off center carve. When I go to options, then check sensors all the individual options flash / scroll through the display, If I watch can see the options.. cover sensor, board sensor etc and can see the values changed when moved but all the time the display is flashing throught all the suboptions and wont stop.

My first thougth is a problem with the ribbon cable / connector to the keypad, but wanted to hear from some of the experts before I start to take it apart.

Thanks
    Daniel Smith
    Quarry Designs Wood Working

wright down all of mesage. ck board for size adn thikness.
    encose mpc your working on.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Sounds like a heat related key is stuck or a pinched cable... OR a Confused Computer....

Right off the bat the offset carve hit continue sounds like a possible short intermittent in the board sensor cable causing a close cover to show up by accident that would give the indication once it un shorted to hit enter to continue... I am really guessing..... To get a Hit Continue can only be caused by hitting stop once or the left cover opens for a second.... The Left cover switch could be loose... Wire plugging into the back circuit board loose... Lots of things..... And the Board Sensor Test... Do a White Copy Paper Test, 156 is good.... 65.... Not so good....

So for the Offset Error... Could be Shorted Wire Related... OR just a bad Y Gearbox Bearing.... 350-500 Cut Hours? Dull Bit?

Let us know more.... I am thinking pinched wire... Either Board Sensor or Cable from the Keypad... But just a WAG... WILD AL GUESS....

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

Loose connector on cable going to keyboard.. The menu is working correctly now, havent had a chance to try a carve yet will do that this morning.

DS

5. Default

Problem seem to be solved.. think the computer was seeing an intermitten STOP due to the loose connection..