Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IGS files into CW software?

And I have been wanting to learn to play the violin and guitar, so I can justify buying one of your's...

Okay, enough of the hijack. That is a much better image. Had never heard of the Anschutz model until now. Not really a gun guy.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Always happy to be claimed! I do my best to give cnsranch a hard time--easy since he's my "Pa!"

I figure if we ever get this rifle stock carving thing worked out, we could take them and your innovative "buggy signs" to the wood shows and literally be hundredaires by Christmas!

I can see the swanky evening soirees now--except instead of Champagne and caviar, we'll be serving homebrew and pond-raised catfish!

That's why the name was so similar that I thought cnsranch was emailing me to get him access to the forum. Had me there...
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

What is the pulley wheel in the stock used for? (see back section below the raised part of stock)
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

And I have been wanting to learn to play the violin and guitar, so I can justify buying one of your's...
    ?????? Hmmm I thought we where talking about rife stocks and STL's. In fact Joe's dad was asking me to locate one for him and i to work on, and If your saying that i am hijacking this tread thats cool good luck on you gun.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-31-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    What is the pulley wheel in the stock used for? (see back section below the raised part of stock)
    eelamb, that's a knurled metal wheel that, when turned, raises and lowers the comb (raised part on the stock). It allows adjustment to fit the shooter's cheek and allow proper alignment with the sighting device.

I'm still working with the one CAD package to which I have access that will allow opening the IGS file; just trying to get a gradient image per PCW's suggestion.

Liquidguitars, I've been a fan of your work for the several years I've been lurking on the site. I'll keep my eyes open for Kentucky Rifle plans.

Quote Originally Posted by jkpq45 View Post
    eelamb, that's a knurled metal wheel that, when turned, raises and lowers the comb (raised part on the stock). It allows adjustment to fit the shooter's cheek and allow proper alignment with the sighting device.

I'm still working with the one CAD package to which I have access that will allow opening the IGS file; just trying to get a gradient image per PCW's suggestion.

Liquidguitars, I've been a fan of your work for the several years I've been lurking on the site. I'll keep my eyes open for Kentucky Rifle plans.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by jkpq45 View Post
    Rhino should give you options to save as or export as a bitmap.. (tif or bmp file). bmp file will import in designer software but the tif will need to be converted to a file format that the CW will accept without the optional CW software. A PNG or BMP format would be the best choice suited for a import into the designer software.

Your dads a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    ?????? Hmmm I thought we where talking about rife stocks and STL's. In fact Joe's dad was asking me to locate one for him and i to work on, and If your saying that i am hijacking this tread thats cool good luck on you gun.
    No No...

I was the hijack, not you. You were on topic, I was off...
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

If you are planning to carve this stock, here is the top view pattern.

May as well add both the side and top on one post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stock2-top.jpg   stock1-rt.jpg   stock.jpg  
    Last edited by eelamb; 07-31-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast