Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If someone would like to help - I need to make a Creamation Urn

Default If someone would like to help - I need to make a Creamation Urn

Hi guys and gals. I am writing to ask for some help from anyone that is skilled in box making and would not mind helping me find a pattern. As most know I have IV Lung Cancer which has metasted to many organs and recently to the brain. While I DO NOT expect to die now I still have to prepare so that my family won't have to if I should. As such, my wife and kids are young and time would only tell if they would stay here where we now live or have to go home. Her desire is to keep me where they are and so is mine. With that being said I want to make my own Urn. Not looking for fancy but am looking for an elegant, beautiful desing that would not be an eye sore. I really want to make it with multiple wood grains but have yet to have done anything like that. But design is the key and of course with my health now ease is always a good thing. This is a tall order I understand and the help would only be for me. I would not share or use it for anything else and would be willing to pay for the right design. So if anyone has done one of these, and is willing to help me, please drop me a PM and we can go from there. BUT PLEASE FOLKS DON't THINK I've LOST MY FAITH.... just something I have to address as a family man.

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Robert,

If there is anything I can help you with pattern wise just drop me a PM or post some images of what you need.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

I have made burial urns, 3 but all the identical. The regulations here in Calif are 200 cuin. The box mpc isn't a problem, but I purchased the pattern I put in it for $30 in the pattern store. I own religious patterns, Catholic and otherwise that would work. Boxes are my thing - I have a bunch in the project area in the store. I can e-mail you the box mpc (I have to search my files for it), but you have to not share it and delete it when you finish, I am planning to put it in the store eventually.
    Clint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Urns 2.jpg   Urns 1.jpg  
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

This is something I am working on for Robert, if he likes the design. Figure the carve area will be more personal with something he wants in it. Images are of an urn from the internet, and image of front/back pattern. Size will be for about 230 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood urn.jpg   urn-front-back.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

That will be beautiful Eddie! Nice job so far.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Well here is images of the box almost finished as to layout and design.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	urn front-back.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	54980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	urn sides.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	54981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	urn top.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	54982

Top will be two pieces glued together to make it 1.5 thick. Course there will be two sides and two of the front back, with miters on all corners. Bottom will be a plain board cut to fit the opening.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Hi folks... I am so thankful for the support you are giving. I have a few options to choose from and thank everyone that has helped and prayed. I will not take anything I do not use and i will not need patterns per se it's the box design I'm after the most. For those who PM me I will be looking at the designs to day and will get with you if I am going to use the design. I will not share anything and will not keep anything. Of all things I have in life my word is the only thing that matters. You guys are some of the best on the planet and I appreciate all you do!

Default urn pictures

Robert
    Here is one I made a couple years back for my mother-in-law (not in use yet but she wanted it made). She loves Humming birds and the bible verse shown. There is no pattern, just pictures for ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1084.JPG   100_1085.JPG   100_1086.JPG   100_1083.JPG  

1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Very Nice Dan. I love the designs. I have gotten a great 2 other patterns to choose from as well and just appreciate the willingness for you to help. I'm comparing designs right now and should decide by Monday. I'm really after only a smoothe lined box with a inlay on top. I have a process with Polymer clay that I want to try making a casting of a facial carving, then routing the same design in reverse with no depth the the facial features I should be able to lay in the actual bust of my face at least that[s what I want to try. Wish me luck. Anyway thank you and I will let you know tomorrow or Tuesday. Don't want to take it if I am not going to use it.

Best of luck Robert , sounds like quite a project with the Polymer. later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast