Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 3D software question?

Default New 3D software question?

First let me say that the new 3D software is awesome, very easy to learn and make great patterns with. A Freind of mine has a Carvewright machine also and I made him a pattern with the new 3D software that I purched and emailed the 3D pattern to him. When he tried to load the pattern he had to update to the newest version of designer software that's understandable. So after updating designer he tried to load the pattern again it says that he can't carve the pattern because he does not have the 3D software. My question is when we make patterns with the new 3D software are the only people that can carve our designs are the people that buy the 3D software?

Jim

If you have the stl importer, you can export the pattern as an STL, import it and then save it as a pattern. This way, the software doesn't see it as a part of the 3d software pattern, but as a normal pattern. I tried/tested this method here

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...r-w-centerline

Lawrence

Better yet select all on the pattern you made, create a group, then click the group and select make pattern. This creates a pattern (PTN) of what you made, and can be opened by anyone running the latest version without owning the 3d suite.

If you snd anyone the MPC file of the pattern they can not carve it.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

well that is certainly simpler

Will that work for centerline text too or do I still need to make the STL

Lawrence

I don't have stl importer, the make pattern button does not light up after grouping them togather. Do you need stl importer to make this function work?

Thanks

no you don't need it-- just group the items, select the "group" button on the left hand carving list, then right click on the "group" listing and click "make pattern"

Lawrence

I do not believe it will work for cneterline or conforming vectors, since these are vectors. The make pattern creates a raster carve, so you do not get a choice of bit to use.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Hi guys I made a pattern out of it saved it as a ptn in the pattern list then opened it back up and saved it as a mpc and sent that to my freind and it still tells him he has to buy the 3D software to carve the pattern. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Guys It's working now

awesome, happy we could help / confuse

Seriously though, we're all learning as we go here, hope we helped
    Lawrence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast