Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 3D software question?

ok... So sending out a ptn is ok for a non 3d owner. Now... Since a ptn can not be changed after it is sent out, then can a mpw be made from the ptn and send that out whereby the reciever CAN change it? Never done that so I'm Just wondering...
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    ok... So sending out a ptn is ok for a non 3d owner. Now... Since a ptn can not be changed after it is sent out, then can a mpw be made from the ptn and send that out whereby the reciever CAN change it? Never done that so I'm Just wondering...
    YES, you may, If you own the original PTN.
    Bring up the PTN in pattern Editor (PE) and SAVE-AS a MPW file. It may then be modified using PE, placed on a design and some shape changes may me accomplished there.
    It should be able to be altered the same way as you would do, as if they owned the PTN. There have been times when I have assisted a member edit their PTN, while on the phone, by walking them through the alteration process (they send me the MPW file so I can have their original and we each do the same task). This method of instruction allows them learn the process, rather than just handing them the modified product.
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 07-22-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I would think that if you created a pattern using the new software it could be run by even older versions of Designer. The program should not care how you created the pattern, it is just a pattern. If that is not the case, then Bud and I and the other vendors are in for problems because carvers with older software won't be able to use the new patterns or projects we create.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I would think that if you created a pattern using the new software it could be run by even older versions of Designer. The program should not care how you created the pattern, it is just a pattern. If that is not the case, then Bud and I and the other vendors are in for problems because carvers with older software won't be able to use the new patterns or projects we create.
    Clint
    I believe the patterns submitted to the Pattern Depot (Store) are compatible for all members.
    However, on Saturday, I altered a MPC with a free pattern from the forum for another user to carve (it had nothing to do with 2D or 3D nor Conforming Vectors). He was not able to load his card, as he got an error message that the MPC was produced with a higher software version. He still had 1.182. I had the member update to 1.184, and the MPC was able to be used.

The lesson learned, is that when another member gets this error, cross check to see what version he/she is using.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12