Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results of my Winchester displays

Default Results of my Winchester displays

I just thought I would share with you the results of the Cody Museum Winchester Gun Show. It is one of the largest gun shows in the nation and by far the largest Winchester gun show. My two displays were sort of competing against each other according to the judges, but my "Winchesters that went to war" display took first place as the second picture shows with the plaque.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gun display 004.JPG   Gun display 005.JPG   Gun display 005.JPG  
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

2. Default

Congratulations, it is a great display.

Both displays are great, Congratulations on the first place.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Great job and a well deserved first place!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Congradulation, they were both beautiful
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

That is an awesome display. Maybe now that I see what you've done I will make a display for my grandfather's winchester that was passed on to me. It's a model 1886 45-70. According to the serial number I sent in it was built in January of 1890.

Quote Originally Posted by leesheridan View Post
    I just thought I would share with you the results of the Cody Museum Winchester Gun Show. It is one of the largest gun shows in the nation and by far the largest Winchester gun show. My two displays were sort of competing against each other according to the judges, but my "Winchesters that went to war" display took first place as the second picture shows with the plaque.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

That display just blows me away! Awesome workmanship!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

1st place rocks! Great displays!

On that 1886 model Winchester the serial number has to be within 28578-38402. If you ever want to sell it let me know. Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    That is an awesome display. Maybe now that I see what you've done I will make a display for my grandfather's winchester that was passed on to me. It's a model 1886 45-70. According to the serial number I sent in it was built in January of 1890.
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

Actually the Serial number is 39626. The Historian at Winchester told me it was manufactured in January 1890 after he looked it up in his books. He recommended for me not to send it in for restoration and just keep clean. I wouldn't sell it and will pass it on to my son and on down the line. I have pics with my grandfather holding it while on horseback. Even have his silver pocket watch (also in photo) that he always kept in his vest pocket. I like to hold on to things for sentimental reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by leesheridan View Post
    On that 1886 model Winchester the serial number has to be within 28578-38402. If you ever want to sell it let me know. Mike
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast