Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Made in China

I still have to do that and I still make the wrong choice from time to time and I've got several hundred hours on our machine. You know what they say about old dogs and new tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Any time your machine asks or tells you something,step back and think about the message/selection before you continue. Do not push the button until you are sure!
    AskBud
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Ha, every once in a while my machine will present me with some new question that will make me pause and run to the forums and use the "search" function...

3. Default

I hate to admit this but... When I was a brand new carver, I designed a project and put the card in the machine.... started it up and the first thing is said was "Select vector bit".

I couldn't find a vector bit. Even if I could, which one do I select?? I had the carving bit and cutting bit but no vector bit. Dumb machine, I thought it should know which bit to use, why did I have to select it!! Slowed me down for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by thebytedoc View Post
    Just a quick side note, I thought this thread was dead at post #17...I was very sad to see the turn it had taken, as I am a bit of a newbie too. I have met many of you at the conference and thoroughly enjoy this forum and the people. So to see the humility and grace of many and the genuine concern to help is just awesome and I am thrilled to see that the original poster is making progress. My rose colored glasses are still working . Thanks folks!
    Yes, I had my "GRUMPY" Hat on that day..... I TOO am glad to see all the Positive Progress this new user has made.....

When I was new I Re named a Project and changed the design to all V Text Clock and Cut Path. I loaded the project on the card then to the machine and the first thing it asked for was the "Carving Bit".... I Ignored the machine asking for the BACK of the board.... Was Stumped... Why was it asking for the Carving Bit... NO Carving Bit used in the design... Just V Text and a Cut Path... Posted the MPC and asked for HELP Here.... The REPLY.... Look at the "Back of the Board"..... A Carve Region for a Clock Insert..... I had ignored the "Back of Board"..... So we all leaned the same way..... And Tips and Tricks is that same knowledge we all had to learn..... Knowing from the Manual and Tips and Tricks that when you crank up the head all the way, that is might just click over and over and NOT lower.... Knowing this on a Sunday Afternoon when you want to start a project is PRICELESS..... Knowing what to DO to Fix IT...

Grumpy AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Bucky was in the "can't lower the head mode" when I got it! But I had read so much here that I fixed it with out giving it a second thought...

Wally,

I'll be in touch today. Have been on the road for FEMA this week and I hope I have not missed a call from you as I stand behind this sale and will make it right for you. Did not see this when you posted and I'm sorry this came up as I know you were excited to get carving.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Wally,

I'll be in touch today. Have been on the road for FEMA this week and I hope I have not missed a call from you as I stand behind this sale and will make it right for you. Did not see this when you posted and I'm sorry this came up as I know you were excited to get carving.
    Replied to you email, Bruce. Got my DC Insert installed and hooked up to the autoblast gate on the collector. Works great. Thanks to all who recommended it and to Floyd for a good design. Did a second attempt on the name sign on a carrier sled and it worked fine. Just practicing right now on scraps to hone some skills before I try good wook. All is well.
    I just need a copy of CarveWright for Dummies if anyone has a spare they don't need anymore. There's a boatload of questions I have and some I don't know how to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by wlkjr View Post
    ...All is well.
    I just need a copy of CarveWright for Dummies if anyone has a spare they don't need anymore. There's a boatload of questions I have and some I don't know how to ask.
    That's great news! Glad things are working well for you.

The Tips & Tricks series has covered nearly all the typical questions people have, along with what I think is clear instruction. It's a lot to read, I know, but well worth the time I think. Plus, AskBud has a ton of videos to watch that cover certain topics in more detail. And, don't foget the Software Manual...about 200 pages of great info there (searchable).

Between those resources and this forum (searchable with quotations around your search phrase), it's hard to imagine that any question you have has not already been answered in one form or another. Nevertheless, don't be shy about asking here on the forum if you just still can't find your answer! We're all eager to help!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Click the "Download" link below to get to my AVI lessons, as well as a boat load of other links.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456