Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in China

I've seen Frank's work- and it is beautiful. In the interest of full disclosure I was the advocate that helped advise him through his purchase and initial setup. I wish things had turned out for the better.

Frank, I look forward to continuing to see your stuff over on the WWA forum and am sorry your experience has not been a good one. Unfortunately your experience has not been good and you obviously aren't getting any joy out of it.... that's unfortunate and I understand why you would want to step away. Please let us know via pm's if we can help in any way to get you back up and carving (that is why I'm putting this here instead of a PM)

As always,
    V/respectfully

Lawrence

Well I think he is a little pissed off and letting off some steam, i get the impression he a little older than most of the users here...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Al, usually I agree with everything you say. I do, however, respectfully disagree on this issure. There are a lot of good, informative posts from Lawrence, Ton80 and others in this thread, including my poor attempt at humor (sorry I inherited my british scense of humor). I think most of us can survive the kicking and we will be better for it. Newbies can get the true picture and make better decisions on whether or not to buy a Carvewright. That being said, constant "sniveling" can grate on the nervse. Just my opinion, doesn't mean Connie or someone else won't close it and take the other actions you mentioned.
    Point well taken.... I am a little "Grumpy" today... AND don't always say the Correct Thing.... My post was directed at "fspearman1" and not the first poster... I feel bad for the first poster as a out of the box issue can sure make the first impression go down hill fast. He DID come here for HELP... And that is a GOOD THING....

I did learn something that 100% of the machines are Cut Tested. I had mistakenly believed it was a percentage of the shipment.

Good to know.

And I was a little hard on "fspearman1".....

I can't un spill the milk... Just learn from it..... And be a little more reserved.... and NOT be part of the Problem but part of the SOLUTION...

Grumpy AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well guys, I didn't mean to start a war. It was more of a casual comment. But after just now calling LHR I can imagine how real problems might have been handled. Thinking they might just send me a new 25 cent bolt that was stripped, I was requested to take pictures and email them and they would be forwarded to the shop. Does put a little damper on things. And for the record, I'm a grumpy ole 61. So what happens if I don't own a digital camera?

Quote Originally Posted by wlkjr View Post
    Well guys, I didn't mean to start a war. It was more of a casual comment. But after just now calling LHR I can imagine how real problems might have been handled. Thinking they might just send me a new 25 cent bolt that was stripped, I was requested to take pictures and email them and they would be forwarded to the shop. Does put a little damper on things. And for the record, I'm a grumpy ole 61. So what happens if I don't own a digital camera?
    We wish you luck with the machine.... As for the Camera..... Ask someone to help you.... Kids all have cameras... and would love to HELP... "WOW... This machine is pretty COOL"....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

6. Default

One of the big reasons we are here is to help other users, like you, that are having problems. Most of the time someone on this forum will solve the problem for you but if not we can point you in the right direction or at the very least sympathize with you. Sometimes there are things that just won't get worked out. It's not your fault and please don't hesitate to ask questions or say what's on your mind (well you know what I mean).

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Point well taken.... I am a little "Grumpy" today... AND don't always say the Correct Thing.... My post was directed at "fspearman1" and not the first poster... I feel bad for the first poster as a out of the box issue can sure make the first impression go down hill fast. He DID come here for HELP... And that is a GOOD THING....

I did learn something that 100% of the machines are Cut Tested. I had mistakenly believed it was a percentage of the shipment.

Good to know.

And I was a little hard on "fspearman1".....

I can't un spill the milk... Just learn from it..... And be a little more reserved.... and NOT be part of the Problem but part of the SOLUTION...

Grumpy AL
    Dear GA,
    I don't think you need to apologize for anything. Sometimes we all just gotta say what's on our minds. I also don't think you need to change anything, especially yourself. You help more folks here than anyone else and you have a right to be a little grumpy.

THW, who the he{{ said us old folks are grumpy? HUH, who the heck was it??? DO I LOOK GRUMPY TO YOU???? Where the heck do you get off calling me gru.... hehehe.

Well, while we are all ranting! I WANT THE NEW DESIGNER SUITES FOR FREE!!! LOL My broke a$$ can't afford the $400. And the fact that any MPC made with the new suite, is gonna leave me out in the cold. I can foresee a day when all patterns will be made using the new suite, and we will be forced to purchase them! Ok Rant over! I enjoy my machine, I enjoy using the software, and I really enjoy this forum! I received my new Z-Pulley gears today, I am reassembling Bucky! And i will be carving again soon! And none too soon 'cause I need my sawdust fix!

And NO I do not expect to get the updates for free! I paid for PS CS5 when I had the money, and I damn sure don't expect Adobe to give me CS6! It's all good!

Ok, to their credit, they responded to my email promptly and gave me a confirmation that my bolt is on the way. It's not anything that will hold up progress but something that needs replacing. I think the bolts are about 1/8" too short. Not enough threads can grab the nut.

10. Default

Ok, to their credit, they responded to my email promptly and gave me a confirmation that my bolt is on the way. It's not anything that will hold up progress but something that needs replacing. I think the bolts are about 1/8" too short. Not enough threads can grab the nut.
    Glad to hear it is working out. Stuff like that can be frustrating but shouldn't spoil the fun. I hope you enjoy your machine for a long, long time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast